Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Quiet Christmas in Lovelock. . .

So Bryce and I spent Christmas in Lovelock this year. We started off the Christmas festivities with Bryce's work party and the only picture we took was before we left for the party.:)

This next picture is for my mom. She told me not to torture Jack with his Christmas costume this year but I just couldn't resist! :)

* * *
Bryce and I decided to follow the Shields' tradition of doing fondue on Christmas Eve. Bryce made the best cheese fondue!!! It was delicious!

Yummy!!!

After stuffing ourselves with fondue and drinking a little sparkling apple cider we chose one gift to open.

We had a fun Christmas Eve!

* * *
And after we went to bed Santa Clause came and filled our stockings! What a nice guy! We forgot to leave cookies and milk for him. Oops!:)

Santa didn't even forget Jack!

* * *
We opened our gifts Christmas morning in about 20 minutes and then just enjoyed the rest of the day! We got a lot of great gifts! Thank you to those of you that contributed.:)

I drove to Reno in a snow storm on Christmas Eve day just to pick-up Bryce's bike. I'm thankful I lived to see him enjoy it!
Bryce and I had much more fun watching Jack with his Christmas gifts! He was right in on all the action just like a little kid!:)

Who knew he'd be so excited about a litter box rug!

"Is there anything else in here?"
Seriously, Jack got more stuff than Bryce and I! These aren't just gifts that we got him either. I think a couple friends and family felt sorry for Jack because of his vet visits, leg warmers and shaved belly.:) Look at all the loot!

* * *
The day after Christmas we headed to Utah to see our families!
We spent a couple days in Erda with the Shields and had tons of fun! Our sister-in-law Anjela was baptised on Saturday and we're so glad we could be there. We're so happy for her and her little family!
(I always forget to take pictures while we're with Bryce's family because no one else is taking pictures! I really wish I would have taken some. We had a great weekend with the family.)
* * *
Bryce had to head back to Lovelock on Sunday and I headed to Blanding! My mom had a late little Christmas party for me and the family that was still in Blanding. Thanks mom!! You're awesome!
I love spending time with my family during the holidays! They're so great!
We exchanged gifts and of course the kids loved opening theirs. . . . .and helping with everyone elses.:)

* * *
I had to throw this picture in because it's so cute! I got this book for the kids and they love to have Grandma Joy read to them!
* * *
There was tons of snow in Blanding so it was a very white Christmas!
Check out the ice sickles on my parents' house!
On Tuesday we decided to take the kids tubing at the 4th Reservoir. The hills were awesome and we had them all to ourselves for a couple hours!

Jett and Tenli had tons of fun and they looked so dang cute all bundled up in their snow gear!

* * *
My mom is not much of a risk taker but we finally convinced her to go down a hill. . . . .and she loved it!
It was the perfect day to go tubing! We had a few too many layers on and had to remove a couple because it was so warm!

* * *
It was a way fun day! Thanks mom and dad!

15 comments:

The Bradshaws said...

Hey Brittany, looks like you had a great Christmas...your cat did make out pretty good! Chris and I had to spend our first Christmas alone when we were in Hawaii, it was special and fun, but it does make you really appreciate family. I'm glad you still got to go to Blanding and visit!

Melinda said...

Oh you are so good to do things even when it's just the two of you. I need to get more motivated. I'm diggin Bryce's new game he got for Christmas. Garrett is ADDICTED to it! I caught him playing this morning at 6:30! I'm glad you were able to get to Blanding and spend time with your family. Love your mom's aviators. So hot. ;)

Melinda said...

P.S. When I told Garrett that Bryce got World at War for Christmas he said "NICE, ask him if he has X-Box live!" So I'm asking. Britt my husband wants to play with your husband. Can Bryce play?

Laici said...

I've never done the fondue thing, and I've always really wanted to try, that's a fun tradition! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!

Jessie said...

First of all, you look so cute in all your pics!! Your hair is getting long!

Also, I love fondue! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas! And Jack with all his loot...too cute!!

Stacy Ellison said...

oh! so much fun! i'm glad you survived the snow storm. i love the picture of jack. poor cat! :)

Andy & Alicia said...

Andy and I were allone for Christmas this year too. It was kind of nice, but at the same time lots of family does make everything better. You and your mom are so cute together, it seems like you guys always have so much fun.

Adalia said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time this christmas-Im glad you got to go back to Blanding for a little while. Im jealous. Kindof.

Kristin Bishop said...

oh my word. Guess what....I've looked at your blog 20 times a day for the last week and this post wasn't there! Wierd! Especially because it was posted over a week ago.

I'm glad you guys had a good christmas...and I'm especially glad you got to come visit...even if it was After the fact.

your poor cat. I am speechless.

call me already. I left you a message he other day....where are you???

Maranda said...

You are so cute! I love Jack's costume and I love that you spoil him like a little child. Looks like it was a great Christmas!

I'm going in to have my baby this Wednesday night. I kind of hope she comes before then, but if not that's the plan. I'm so nervous and excited! Wish you guys were close to come visit.

Anonymous said...

Great Christmas Britt! You guys made the best of Lovelock by yourselves on Christmas. We enjoyed having you home for a few days.
Love,
Mom

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

You're such a good wife...driving through a snow storm to get his bike! I'm glad I got to see you while you were here!! love all the pics!!

Sandi said...

Lucky Cat! He is so spoiled:) I'm glad you had a good Christmas. You are such good sports to do so much traveling. Family is definately worth it though!

Nicole said...

Glad that you guys had a fun Christmas. The Fondue looked so fun and yummy. I'm pretty jealous of Bryce's new bike. Nice work! And I'm sure Jake is jealous of his new Red Sox shirt. Glad that you got to see your family for the Holidays. Your mom is such a cute lady...so hip and trendy. Such a cute picture of the two of you.

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Thanks for coming out for the baptism it really meant a lot to me to have you guys there. It also was very special to have Bryce speak. I can't believe how much stuff Jack got for Christmas. Poor Willie he didn't get anything.