Sunday, January 11, 2009

Welcome 2009!!!

I know this post is a little late but I've been slacking a little in the blogging department and it's all thanks to Guitar Hero- World Tour, which we got for Christmas. . . . Thanks Ian & Adrienne!:)
* * *
So, I was still in Blanding having fun with family for New Years Eve while my poor husband was in Lovelock with......the cat.:( So needless to say, I didn't get a New Year's kiss.:( But I still enjoyed ringing in 2009 with my parents! We played games, made ice cream sundaes, drank sparkling apple cider and watched Dick Clark (a.k.a Ryan Seacrest) count down the ball drop in NYC.:) It was a very relaxed and fun night! I called Bryce every couple hours to say "hi" so that I didn't feel quite so guilty that he was alone playing XBox for New Years.:)


Mmmmmmm. . . . . .chocolate chip cookie dough sundaes!!

Mom and I got a little excited when we found out David Cook was going to spend New Year's Eve with us!:)

And I was extremely jealous that my mom got a New Year's kiss!!:)


Cheers to 2009!!!

Happy New Year everyone!!
* * *
Last year at this time I posted my top 5 hopes/goals for 2008. I've reviewed those hopes and realized that 3 1/2 out of 5 of those were accomplished! That's not too bad.
2008 hopes/goals:
1)Bryce graduates from Creighton :) . . . . . . . . . .Check!
2)Bryce gets a good job in Utah and we get to move "home"!!! . . . . . . . . . 1/2 check for "good job"
3)Bryce passes the Barr Exam . . . . . . . . . . . .Check!
4) We get pregnant!!! or vacation in Europe (whichever comes first) :)
5) we buy a new car to replace the smoking Mazdarati that barely gets Bryce back and forth from Creighton :) . . . . . . . Check!
* * *

I'm working on my goals list for 2009 but I'll save that for another post. In the mean time, I'd like to hear everyone else's goals/hopes for 2009! I hope you all have a great year!

12 comments:

Kristin Bishop said...

look at you. Way to accomplish all your goals! I wish I had come close to reaching mine. darn.

I'll be putting together my list...or actually (minimizing it...it's huge) and posting for sure! SO be watching!

kristin

Jessie said...

You guys are too cute with your skip bo and ice cream sundaes. Looks like you guys had a good time ringing in the new year! I was so tired I think I was asleep by 10 on new years eve. seriously.

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

yay 2009!! Good job on your resolution list! We talked about resolutions @ my mom's house tonight, I should post a list but then everybody would know if I don't do it:). THanx a lot britt, now i'm craving ice cream:)

Anonymous said...

Cute Britt! Did you have to post the pic. of me kissing the television??
Mom

Cori Carpenter said...

Fun! I am so sorry we missed you! That's cool that you got to spend New Year's with your parents! I love the "kissing" picture!! Sadly enough, I am still working on a New Year's post... hopefully it will happen soon!!

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Looks like you had a great New Year's with your parents. I have never heard David Cook sing I will have to listen to him.

Laici said...

2008 was a good year for you guys, that's awesome. I don't know if the kiss was in 2008 or 2009, but that year tops them all for your mom, I'm sure! :) You guys are funny, it looks like you always have a good time, which is more important than anything if you ask me!

Nielson Family said...

hey what do you and Bryce do on guitar hero? Do you compete against each other or do you play together?

Elyse said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe how long your hair has gotten! Beautiful! Those ice cream sundaes make me want to go make one right now. Glad your holidays turned great!

jackster said...

Fun! It seems like you and your mom always do so much together. I'm impressed with your check off list, my only goal for last year was losing weight and I gained some. I guess thats my never ending goal!

Chelsea Johnson said...

What a great year you've had! Hopefully this next one will be just as great! Remind me of the Vegas dates again because I fear its the same week that I have school:(

The McClellan Family said...

Happy New Year! (A little late I know) Sounds like you had a good holiday season. How is the job going?