We had a great Thanksgiving but I completely forgot to take pictures of it! The food was great and the company was even better! The Shields' are pretty fun people and Karmen(my sister in-law) was the perfect host! I love Thanksgiving and have so many things to be thankful for!!
* * *
Almost as great as Thanksgiving is Christmas shopping on "Black Friday"! This is the day I start feeling the Christmas spirit for the season! There's just something about fighting the crowd for the best deals while Christmas music plays through out the store!:)
My mom has NEVER had the opportunity to experience Black Friday shopping so Adrienne and I were really excited to take her out in the crowds this year! Come to find out, the malls in Salt Lake City open at midnight so we started our shopping very early.:)
Not to worry, we took a nap before leaving the house at 12:45 and Yes!. . . . That's AM.
Here we are waiting in line at 5:00 AM for our third stop at Old Navy. The 1st 50 customers in line received a free MP3 player and my mom cut in front of me at the last minute to be #50! That's what I get for showing her the ropes!:)
Not only did we make a few amusing memories and had tons of fun but we got some great deals too!! We shopped for 14 hours straight, ending at 3:00 PM! And I will admit that I was completely worn out!
Now it's time to wrap all those Christmas gifts! This is what my "extra" room looks like right now! I also just finished the all day project of redecorating the house with Christmas decor. This time of year might be a little chaotic but it is Oh So Fun!
Not only did we make a few amusing memories and had tons of fun but we got some great deals too!! We shopped for 14 hours straight, ending at 3:00 PM! And I will admit that I was completely worn out!

12 comments:
Ohhh man...I am so jealous! That sounds like a lot of fun. I didn't know that they opened at midnight. I'd much rather stay up late and go at midnight and then sleep all day, then wake up at 5. I might have to do that next year :)
looks like a blast! I love the hustle and bustle of christmas shopping...so fun!!!
Oh what fun it was! We'll have to do that marashon thopping again next year Britt! Oh, and by the way I didn't cut in front of you at Old Navy......I was originally in front of you guys and I was quick enough to stick my arm out for the arm band before you two!!
Does anyone need an MP3 player?
Mom
Oh I am so glad that you had sooo much fun with your families! That Carrie Underwood concert looked like such a blast, it looks like you got some good seats!! OH and yeah I still havent seen Twilight yet.......... a little mad haha anyway I love your shirt! I have never done the black friday thing, but it looks like a lot of fun, and a lot of work! Oh and how sneeky of your mom, she learns quick!!
You are so crazy - but I bet you got some great deals. If you were still in Omaha I bet I would have let you talk me into some crazy shopping:)
Oh man you are such a die hard. I could never do that. But I'm glad you had fun times with your fam!
You are crazy!! I love to shop, but I don't think that I could go that early and for that long! I bet you got some good stuff...there were some great deals going on...so i heard! :)
SISTER SHIELDS!!!
this is Becca Newman! it has been so long! how has life been for you lately? Life here in Nebraska is so great i love it so much! I miss you like crazy! I hope you have a great holiday season! :)
love your favorite young woman!
Becca Newman
You are seriously the shopping queen, I need to take some lessons for you. Shopping kinda gives me anxiety, I can only handle it for a couple hours, but you can go the distance! Sounds like you had so much fun with your Mom, she is so beautiful! Oh and I LOVE Carrie Underwood, that concert looked awesome! Hope you have a great Christmas!
Count on your and your mom to look like models at 5 am while black friday shopping! Seriously, I rolled out of bed and barely brushed my teeth!
I love the holidays and all the good times that come along with it! Love and miss you! Let's try to plan something if you're going to be in Salt Lake again.
Nice work! I've never experienced "Black Friday". Sounds like you get a major shopper's rush and some awesome deals! Happy Holidays!
Grandpa and I look forward to new posts from you. I Love the pictures!
I really want to come back in the next life as your cat!!!
It was so fun to see you.
Grandma Joy
Post a Comment