Sunday, November 23, 2008

Carrie....Candy.....and Twilight!!

WOW!!. . . . is the best word to describe the week I just had!
* * *
I drove to Salt Lake City on Tuesday to spend a few fun filled days with my mom! We had a couple things planned:
Wednesday: Carrie Underwood concert!!
Thursday: Christmas shopping & hanging out with the grand kids!!
Friday: Twilight movie!!
* * *
First activity on the agenda. . . .the Carrie Underwood concert! And let me just tell you it was worth every penny!
It was fun to get dressed up, go eat dinner & spend a fun night with my mom! Happy belated birthday present for you mom.:)

Here we are waiting for the concert to begin.

I really don't listen to much country music besides a select few (Carrie Underwood obviously), so I had never heard of "Little Big Town" but I was definitely impressed! I loved their music and they were very entertaining so I'm planning on downloading their new CD. They did a great job opening the concert!

And then. . . . . .(drum roll please). . . . Carrie Underwood came out and just completely blew me away!! She's amazing!!

She's beautiful!!


She's extremely talented!!

She has an amazing voice!!

She's entertaining!!

She's very down to earth!

And she put on an awesome concert!!
She sang 18 songs, changed 4 times, and totally rocked out to Guns 'N Roses "Take me down to the Paradise city" and through the whole 2 hours her mega vocals never wavered! Holy crap!! Did I tell you how amazing she is??
I really liked Carrie Underwood before and now I am just in "awe"!
* * *
On a much lighter note but only just slightly less exciting was making candy turkeys with my niece and nephew.:)
I got the idea off Elyse's blog (thanks Elyse) and thought it was such a cute idea. And since I don't have kids of my own, and wasn't about to make them by myself, I thought Jett and Tenli would have fun making them.

I was right!! Jett made about 20, I think, and he had to have new candy for each one even though he would take them apart after making each one.:)

Yea, they think Aunt Brittany is pretty cool for showing them how to make candy turkeys! And they talked about them for a couple days afterwards.:)

* * *
And last, but certainly not least, on our agenda for the week was going to see the "much anticipated" Twilight movie!!
My mom had pre-ordered our tickets about a month ago but we still were too late to get into the mid-night showing so we opted to go the following morning after a good night's rest.:)
Oh!. . . but before the movie we had to stop off at Village Inn to fuel up and show off our Twilight T-shirts!
And yes, that is a big yummy glass of chocolate milk which when I ordered, made my mom ask, "how old are you Brittany" and I replied with "not too old to wear a Twilight shirt and order a glass of chocolate milk with my breakfast." :)
I went into the movie with very little expectations and I will say that it far exceeded them!! I loved the movie! I thought it was well made and that they did well with what they had. Most of the cast played their parts really well! And I will have to admit that I am now in love with Robert Pattinson just as I am in love with Edward! They come hand in hand now! He was a pretty sexy vampire! I can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD! And I'm also very excited that they set it up for the sequel "New Moon".
What did all you Twilight blogger fans think of it??

What a great week!
I am back home now and am anxiously awaiting Thanksgiving in Tooele with Bryce's family and "Black Friday" shopping in Salt Lake with my mom!
* * *
I love the holidays!!!

14 comments:

Elyse said...

Yea! What a fun post! Your turkey's sure turned out cute! I'm glad they liked to make them. Your twilight shirt cracks me up. I thought Twilight was great! I think Bella played it perfectly.

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

LOVED the movie!!!! I'm dragging Ryan there tomorrow night to see it again:) can't wait!!! You're such a fun Aunt...I think i'm going to steal your turkey idea! Wy cute!! Looks like the concert was a blast. I'm due for a good concert:)!

Christelle said...

I'm definitely stealing the candy turkeys idea, so however came up with it...thanks. I really liked Twilight too, I read so many awful reviews I was ready to be disappointed but I really liked it. I agree with you opinion of Edward but I have to say that he should have waxed his chest. He's supposed to look like he is carved out of marble.

Stacy Ellison said...

what a fun weekend! i loved the movie too! i was prepared for dissapointment too, but it didn't come. i bet your concert was fun. what a great present for your mom! miss ya!

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Looks like you had tons of fun with your mom. The concert looked amazing. I really like the candy turkeys. Sorry I never placed a scentsy order it was a terrible week and I spaced it. Have a Happy Thanksgiving at the Barton's wish we could be there!

Nielson Family said...

Glad you guys had fun!

Kathryn said...

yea the movie was a good movie but I didn't think that it went along with the book very well...I hated the climbing the trees part and I didn't think that they showed edward and bellas relationship very well but I did like it for the most part! and I as well fell in Love with Robert....did you know that he is a pianist-guitarist-singer...that just makes him even more hot! he plays and sings a song on the soundtrack! but he is so cute!

Bonnie said...

Oh my gosh...what a fun week. You and your mom are SOOO pretty!! Didn't you love Twilight? I for sure did!

jackster said...

It sounds like you had about the same week as I did! I agree on Carrie Underwood, she was great! I'd never been the biggest fan but I loved her in person! I did not love Twilight though, just liked it. I thought the first half was too rushed and too cheesy/awkward where it should have been the best parts. But I have to admit too, I hated Robert Pattinson going in and he seriously grew on me, I came out loving him!

Unknown said...

Fun weekend. And I almost bought the same twilight shirt that you had on, but I got one with just edward on it! I loved the movie and the 2nd time I saw it was even better!! anyways, it looks like a fabulous weekend with your mom! I am glad you had fun. and I am also stealing your turkey idea!!

Kristin Bishop said...

you look soooooo pretty in the top picture. I love it. Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great week Britt! See you Friday morning at 12:00 a.m. for our first stop at the mall....
Love,
Mom

Maranda said...

Looks like so much fun. You and your mom are so cute! I would love to go to a Carrie Underwood concert! She is one of my favorite singers.

Sandi said...

I loved Twilight too! i can't wait to go again and bring Denim:) Carrie Underwood looks like so much fun. I'm glad you had a good time.