Thursday, September 25, 2008

Out With the Old :(

Are you ready for a sad story?? On Tuesday evening I set out for a jog in the metropolis of Lovelock with my trusty Ipod Mini that I've had for about 4 years. Bryce teases me about it all the time because the screen is black & white and it's "so old" they don't even make that model anymore. Well, I've been happy with it! It has all my cool tunes on it & it's little enough to put in an arm band to run with so I really had no complaints. I've always lived by the motto "if it's not broke don't fix it":)

So I was jogging along enjoying my favorite songs when all of a sudden my Ipod jumped out of the arm band and was dangling only by the headphones! It all happened in slow motion- - I reached down to grab my Ipod but was too late! It flew through the air & landed with a thud on the pavement! After saying maybe one or two choice words I picked it up and actually thought nothing of it. I've dropped it a couple times without any major damage besides a scratch or two. Well, it must have been my UNlucky day because my Ipod was frozen & I was distraught!! I ran home at once, looked up technical support on Apple.com and realized that if there was any chance of saving my Ipod it needed the attention of a Genius at the Apple store. So I made an appointment and set off to Reno the following day. Well, to make a long story slightly shorter, my "Genius" told me that there was nothing he could do but that "if you recycle your old Ipod mini with us you'll get 10% off a new one"! To tell you the truth I wanted to punch him in the face but I refrained. Losing my Ipod was one thing but what I was really upset about is all the songs that I've collected over the years on about 4 or 5 different computers.:( So I mourned the loss of my Ipod mini and came to terms with the fact that I was going to have to buy an early Christmas present because honestly, I cannot live without my Ipod! I listen to it almost all day in the Bose, when I'm in the car & while I'm jogging! My dependence on it explains why I was so upset!

After much deliberation (because I really wanted an Ipod touch but couldn't justify spending that much money) I left the Apple store an hour later with a sweet new purple Ipod Nano! I will admit that it's a definite step-up from the mini and I've already become attached.:)

Look at all the cool colors! It took me 1/2 an hour just to decide on which color to get!:)

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Nice choice! I have the green one of coarse. :) Purple fits you well. And I'm glad you upgraded. I love my ipod as well. It makes so many things so much more enjoyable in life.

Unknown said...

I totally love the purple! Good choice. I think that I might have to 'accidentally' drop my ipod just so I can get a sylish colored nano!

Cori Carpenter said...

Sorry to hear about your mini! But that's cool that you got to pick a new nano! I like the color you chose to! I don't think I could have ever picked a color! I couldn't even decide between a black or red blackberry phone, so I would have been in trouble in your situation!

Sandi said...

I can totally relate. My nano is quite old and black and white too, but it's not even an option to get a new one:) It takes a lot of work to get all that music! You do make getting a new one sound pretty good though. That might have to go on my long list of things to get...maybe a red one or yellow or blue:)

Maranda said...

What a bummer. It would make me sick to loose all those songs and have to start over, but I'm all about justifying new purchases. The purple was a good choice.

Kristin Bishop said...

spoiled brat! Ha. Ha. Ha.

I would have never guessed that you would choose purple!!! It's darling though. I chose black...because I'm boring and totally analyze every decision. I'm retarded....I want the RED one. no fair. did I mention your spoiled:)

Marshall and Dana said...

Congrats on the new Ipod and I love the purple! I have black only because they didn't offer that cute purple when I got mine.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your ipod Britt. I guess you'll just for sure have to come home again to get your other songs off of my computer!! Love the purple too.
Mom