Have any of you ever served as the Primary Secretary?? I swear it is the busiest job in the ward next to the bishop!!! Well, not really but that is how I've been feeling lately. I was called to be the Primary Secretary about a month ago and have been busy, busy, busy with the calling since then. The rest of the presidency is fairly new to their callings also so we have really been trying to get organized. We have been redecorating the primary room and bulletin boards, organizing our Sunday meetings in the primary and trying to become more familiar with our responsibilities. As some of you may know.....the secretary has the longest list of responsibilities/duties! Wow....sometimes it seems endless but I absolutely love working with the primary kids! They are so dang cute and say the funniest things! As busy as I've been the work is actually pretty fun. As secretary I am in charge of keeping track of the primary birthdays and coming up with a fun gift for the kids when their special day comes around. I found this idea on sugardoodle.net and thought it was so cute, inexpensive and goes along with the 2008 Primary theme! So this is my latest primary project.
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

17 comments:
So cute, I wish we were going to be here when Lexi's b-day comes around!
Those are so cute Brittany! Cole and I were in cub scouts before we moved so every week we had to come up with some activity or craft, and it was seriously a ton of work trying to come up with things to do! That would have been a fun project. It can be stressful but I think working with the kids is so fun.
Man...I remember we just got a pencil for our birthday! They are way cut; you did such a good job! It seems like Primary secretary would be a busy calling!! I loved being in the primary even though I was a teacher...challenging but rewarding!
Those are soooo cute! Those are some lucky kids:) I bet you are busy being in the primary but like you said fun as well! That is awesome! I really dont have a calling in my ward, and I hope to keep it that way for as long as I can!:)
Good Job on the B-day gifts! I love them. So up until last week I was primary secretary also!! But we just moved into another ward so I'm not anymore. But I didn't feel busy at all. I never had to do anything except pretty much pass out the rolls on Sunday. All of the rest of the presidency had been in there together for like a year with no secretary, so when I came along they pretty much already had everything delegated out so I basically did nothing. But it was SOOO fun working with the kids. One Sunday we were talking about all the prophets and a little boy raised his hand and was all "I know Howard W.W.W. Hunter" It was so funny! I'm going to really miss the kids.
You are so creative. Those are so cute! Callings can definitely be demanding but rewarding too. I just got released from the stake YW's. It was so fun but so much work especially when summer came around with girls camp and youth conference.
Man I am jealous you are the Primary Secretary, just last week I was thinking that was the calling I wanted...maybe someday!! I am the Sunbeam teacher and I get to teach with Colin so it is a lot of fun! Good idea for the b-day gifts, very well done!
Look at you...Miss Crafty. I would say that goes above & beyond your call. You definetely are better than me. I serve in the primary, CTR 6, but I have never done one thing that included real effort. I suck!
Good job Britt, those are way cute!
Mom
I'm laughing because i was going to write "Look at you...little miss crafty" and then I read Maranda's comment! that is too funny. Great minds think alike I guess. Those are turning out wonderfully!!! I love the colors we chose:) Welcome to primary!!! The work never ends. From meetings, to sharing time...to quarterly activities....your fun has just begun, I promise!
This as nothing to do with your post, but remember Mrs. Holidays biology class in seventh grade when me, you, Elkee and maybe Cori(I can remember if she was as strange as us) would go through all the National Geographic pictures and find the "not-so-good" pictures then show each other and die laughing! I don't know if I have laughed that hard since!!
You do such a good job in the Primary!! Those are way cute! The primary is a fun calling. I am always laughing at Bryce and Tyler...it seems like they are always dong something funny.
those are dang cute! our primary kids just got a CD that has the songs that they will sing in their primary program so we can practice up:) but you are good at crafty things! when will you guys be in blanding again?
I think I have the world's best calling. I am the "ward newsletter specialsist". I love it, I type up the ward newsletter once a month. Yea Kacie is Dev's 10-year-old sister.. CUTE THINGS!!!!!
I am in primary too! I teach the 5 year olds, and they do say the most hilarious things. I was actually going to try to remember all the things that they said one day during sharing time, because I was practically rolling on the ground laughing, but of course now I cannot remember them. The projects are adorable, but I would expect nothing less from you! My sister was the secretary and she said she did more work than anyone else in the presidency, so I believe how busy you are!
oh i love that site. they have the best stuff for primary. when i taught primary i would always go there and get ideas for sharing time. and i'm shocked at how much work you are doing in that position. my good friend had that calling. she said she never did anything and felt that there wasn't much need for her in the primary. i guess it all depends on the presidency and the different needs of the ward. you are doing a great job. i want one of those cute blocks. i have a vinyl cutting machine so i think i'll make one for the bebe. thanks for the idea. :O)
I loved your blocks! Too cute! I'm sure everyone will love them! Remember I was the Primary Secretary when you were in our ward? What a busy job-for some strange reason I liked all the organizing and planning. Maybe I'm a control freak and I like everything to be done my way and that's why I liked it so much. Looks like you are doing great!
Post a Comment