Thursday, February 28, 2008

Road Trip!!

So it all started Monday when I decided I needed a break from work! I don't know if it's just me but I think I have the winter blues!! I am so sick of going to work everyday, being cooped up inside and freezing evertime I go to the grocery store or walk from the car to the apartment! I decided I needed a day off work to get away! I like to call it my "mental health day":) My boss gave me the day off and I wanted to spend a little time with my husband but his schedule is absolutely insane right now. He ended up having to go on a buisness trip to Lexington, Nebraska, so I decided to tag along. It worked out great for Bryce because he could work on his paper for school, that is due tomorrow and that he was going to have to stay up all night working on, while I drove. He said to me when I told him I took the day off "you were inspired!" and "my stress-level just lowered". I was happy to be able to spend some time with him and help him out! It is a little over 3 hours to get from Council Bluffs to Lexington and Bryce meets with clients from 2:00-8:00pm so it will be an all day trip.
Oh- funny story.... we got about 30 miles out of Omaha when Bryce looked over at me and says "shoot! I forgot my dress shoes!" and I looked back at his suit hanging in the window and said "Did you forget your white shirt too?" We just busted up laughing and talked about how funny it would have been if he would have shown up to give these clients legal advice in his sweat pants and tennis shoes (which is what he was wearing for the long car ride)!!! Because honestly- - what are you going to do with a suit and tie but no shoes or shirt?? So, I turned the car around and I said to him "I can't believe you forgot your shoes" then he says "I can't believe you forgot my shirt" and I said "I can't believe we've just added an hour onto our trip". :)
For those of you that don't know where Lexington is... here is a map of our little trip today.
Ohhh the great state of Nebraska!!!! I've seen more corn fields, cows and tractors on a one day trip through Nebraska than I could ever imagine!!!:)

9 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

That's cool you two got to spend some time together! I'm sure it's so hard with you working and Bryce in school and all! Bummer that you added an hour to the trip...at least you could laugh about it though!

Leslie Redd said...

Hey Brittany,

Glad to see someone reading about our boring lives. lol. Tim and Autem are living in Moab now and doing great. She is expecting number 3 I believe in June. We actually did not get a chance to talk to Mont so I don't know about married life for him. I still can't believe he is married to be honest with you. Looks like you guys are doing great! =)

Unknown said...

That is funny!! Even though it added an hour to your trip, I bet it was still fun especially with the time you and Bryce could spend together!! You and Bryce seem to have a lot of fun when your together together!:)
sarah

Andy & Alicia said...

I bet when you guys noticed you had left that stuff you were so frustrated, but it sounds like you guys are good sports and made the best of it. Good job for taking the day off of work, I bet it was well needed AND enjoyed!

jackster said...

Its so funny to hear how Cole must feel sometimes. All the hours of him driving while I'm writing a paper or studying on my laptop the whole way :) It sounds like a fun little road trip!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Road trips alone with your hubby can be so much fun! Max and I really had a fun time driving when we went to Nebraska, although I don't want to make that drive again any time soon! Hope you guys had a great time!

Nick and Lexxi said...

I definately missed you at work. But I already complained about that enough for one day. Glad to see that while I was miserable you were enjoying time with your husband!!! HAHAHA Tell Bryce he could have started a new trend for all professionals, professional and comfortable all at the same time! I probably would have killed Nick if he forgot his shoes, and then we would have spent the rest of the trip arguing over whose fault it was. Glad to see you found humor in the situation, even if it did add an hour to the trip:)

Sandi said...

That's good that you could laugh at adding another hour onto your trip. I'm not sure Denim and I would have been able to laugh as easily, I'm such a bad traveler. I'm sure Denim wanted to call it quits with me the first time we drove to Blanding and I moved constantlty:) At least you got some pretty great scenery, cows and tractors sweet!

Bonnie said...

That is a funny story. You are such a good wife to do that for Bryce...even though you did get to spend time with him. I get so sick of the cold weather too! Yesterday was the nicest day. We spent the day outside. Hopefully it will get warm and stay warm!