Monday, September 7, 2009

Lovelock Ward's newest member!


While at work one Saturday night in April, one of my co-workers started asking me questions about the gospel. I tried to answer them to the best of my ability and by the end of our shift she had asked if she and her chirldren could go to church with me in the morning. I responded with "HECK YA!" (Ok, not really.)

Chrystal and I became friends and soon after I invited her to start meeting with the missionaries. And the rest is history. . . . .

Chrystal was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Saturday September 5th and ordained a member of the church the following day, both by Bryce. What an awesome experience to be a part of!!!

* * *

Chrystal's husband and children have all been going to church as well and we're hoping that her husband will soon get baptized as well. Her son Aiden just turned 8 in July and ran up to Bryce right after the baptism and said, "When can I get baptized?" So with a few more lessons from the missionaries for him, he'll be ready.

I decided to organize a little get together in the park following the baptism to help celebrate Chrystal's special day. We had lots of people there! It turned out great!

* * *

I'm so excited for Chrystal and what this means for her family!
The experience of meeting with the missionaries and trying to set a good example for Chrystal has strengthened my testimony and blessed mine and Bryce's life as well. So I guess I can thank Chrystal for that!

9 comments:

Cheyn said...

That is such a cool story. Made me tear up a bit. Tell Chrystal congrats and hopefully her family joins soon!

Jessie said...

What a great experience Britt!

Congrats!

Cori Carpenter said...

Good for you! That's great! My last talk in church was about being a member missionary and I said that it was hard for me to go out and preach the gospel, but you can simply start by being a good example and friend. It sounds like that is what you've been. Congrats to her, you & Bryce!

Melinda said...

Good job Britt! You're awesome! Love you!

Kristin Bishop said...

look at you go. I'm not sure why...but your blog doesn't tell me you've updated until a week later. I hate that...because I never see your posts until forever later!

I am beaming with pride. You are the best...and she is so lucky to have met you. I'm kind of jealous she gets to live near you. Plan a trip to see me in december. Or January...maybe:)

Andy & Alicia said...

That is so awesome! I think it is so cool that you were able to answer her questions in a way that made her want to know more. That is just such a neat story.

Noelle said...

That is awesome Brittany!

Kelly said...

Wow Brittany, that is amazing!! What a great little missionary you are! Good job!!

The Bradshaws said...

That is so awesome!!! Good for you Brittany! I have always wanted to have an experience like that, maybe I'll have to move out of Utah to have it :) That really is so neat, how happy for all of you!