Thursday, August 27, 2009

Colorado Camping Trip

A couple weeks ago I drove to Colorado to go camping with my family. And when I say "camping" I mean sleeping in a camp trailer, taking showers, and peeing in a real toilet.:) That's my kind of camping.....actually that's the ONLY kind of camping I do. I did this same camping trip with my parents last year so this year we decided to spice things up by bringing along my niece and nephew! They were so much fun and had such a blast!!
* * *
Recipe for a fun camping trip:
One day- fishing!



* * *

One afternoon- painting rocks for the rock garden.


* * *
Three nights- sitting around the camp fire
&
A dash of Aunt Brittany trying to sing songs and make-up games.:)
* * *

A lot- of family bonding time.
* * *


And....
as many messy s'mores as you can handle.:)

* * *
Until next year. . . . .

6 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

Well I'm not much of a camper, but you guys look like you're having a blast. I love the pic with you and the kids. Tenli looks like a mini Adrienne don't you think. They are such cute kids. Well I made it to Blanding and back....pretty impressive huh?! It was super fun. I just wish it was closer.

Jessie said...

You guys look like you had a blast! Look at all those fish you guys caught!!

ps. That is the only kind of camping I do also.

Melissa said...

I miss the beautiful mountains! Oh my goodness you are one of the most beautiful woment I have ever seen! I can't believe how long your hair has gotten!
PS yes next time you happen to be in the neighborhood... call us :)

Melinda said...

That's what makes Camping fun is the Camp Trailer. It's like a home away from home. :) I've just always been pampered I guess.
Anyway, you guys look cute in your pictures as usual. What a fun time to spend with the kids. I bet your brother and his wife were loving that little break you gave them. ;)

Chelsea Johnson said...

Now that's my kind of camping! We have been trying to get around to that all summer, but somehow its already September, and alas, no camping!
I'll bet the kids LOVE Aunt Binty!

jackster said...

You are the funnest aunt! I always pretend I could handle roughing it in a tent, but really I can only handle your kind of camping too.