Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween...."Way Back When"

Here in Nevada October 31st is a state holiday because ironically, the state was founded on Halloween. Go figure!:) So Bryce had the day off and we decided to leave the trick-or-treaters behind and go do some sight seeing in Virginia City, Nevada.
* * *
Just a little history for you: Virginia City was the reason Nevada became a state! In the late 1800's it was the richest town in the west and bigger than San Fransisco. You'd never believe it now though! It was like stepping back in time and Bryce and I had fun being a tourist for the day.:)

We had to stop by "The Way it Was" museum and learn about the history of this little town.


There were tons of "old time" stuff in there. I spent about 1/2 an hour looking at the old medical supplies and medicine they used to use. Of course that's where you'd find the nurse.:)

There was also a short video in this little "theater" room. Can you tell how exciting it was by the look on our faces??

Now, this is how Bryce really felt about the video.:)
P.S. That's not a beer in Bryce's hand, it's an energy drink.:)


We were being so rowdy that they threw us both in jail.:)

And NO Bryce is not drunk in this picture from his energy drink.:)

Just a little stop at the Jerky Co. - -

- - and the candy shop. Yummy!

Seriously, look at all the candy! Bryce and I were in this shop forever but there were too many choices so we left with nothing.:)

I told you we had stepped back in time.
* * *
After leaving Virginia City and coming back into the "present time" we decided that Halloween just wouldn't be complete without watching a scary movie. So we purchased a couple classics at Target and stopped by 7-11 for a slurpie (because what movie night would be complete without a banana slurpie)?. . . . . .
Not only did we get slurpie's at 7-11 but the cashier was handing out glow-sticks!!!

What a perfect Halloween night!! :0)

15 comments:

jackster said...

How fun! I love doing touristy stuff like that, it looks like such a cute town! And that candy shop, seriously!! I would not have made it out empty handed. Thats cool that you'll always get to be with Bryce all day on Halloween!

Adalia said...

Virginia city is a fun town. I swear we've been there way too much. Well have to go somewhere fun with all of us sometime! Hope all is well

Kristin said...

Brittany J. You are officially the wierdest person alive. ha ha ha. I have never laughed so hard at a post..and I am totally showing Jarom the "jail" picture of bryce. So funny. Only a few more days til carrie underwood. YYYYEEEEESSSSS! I am so pumped. Call me and quit quit workign those insane nurse hours for all that cash!

Cori Carpenter said...

Seriously, great pics! What a cool town, even if they don't understand what year it is! :) I love your "movie" faces! And are you sure your not covering up for Bryce and his alcoholism... he looks pretty drunk to me!:) Sounds like you had great Halloween! And good for you guys for learning more about your state and it's history!

Maranda said...

I'm totally about ditching trick-or-treaters. Joel and I left to get some dinner and do a little shopping and then ended up going to a Halloween party. Looks like a fun little outing.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun. Just 2 more days til Jude and I are there. We're excited to see you guys!
Mom

Melinda said...

GLOW STICKS! LUCKYYYY! That was the perfect Halloween! ;) Looks like you guys had fun. Silly girl.

Sandi said...

Looks like fun, except for the jail part! You need to behave:) Scary movies is the one thing I can't do for Halloween. I can't even watch CSI without having nightmares!

Sarah Greener said...

What a fun Halloween! I am laughing at the "theater pic" that is funny. I tried to watch ghost hunters for Halloween for something scary, but it was a bit too scary. I talk myself into seeing things that are not really there. haha
Thats fun that you can go explore you area!! I am glad that you guys had fun!!

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! How's the new job going? I love my scentsy!

Tiffany P. said...

Aw, nothing is better than a day with your husband, even better a weekday to break up the norm. YOur skin looks great!!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

fun and educational:) I'm glad you got to go spend some time together. The candy shop is so cute, i love places like that!

Unknown said...

haha. what a fun strange Halloween...but you ended with candy and glow sticks. Pretty normal for the rest of the Halloween go-ers.

Kathryn said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun! it would be fun just to do things like that and not have to worry about kids:) no but really looks like fun! hope to see you around sometime!

Cheyn said...

All that candy was crazy! There should be more places like that around. Smart to dodge the trick-or-treaters too