Monday, July 14, 2008

The Odd Couple- -

For all you Twilight fans!!

This new magazine cover has me feeling all kinds of mixed emotions!:)
1) I am extremely excited to see the 1st Twilight movie!
2) Kristen Stewart looks beautiful!
and
3) Robert Pattinson doesn't even come close to being as drop dead gorgeous as the Edward in my head is!!:)
What do all of you Twilight fans think? I just can't believe they couldn't find someone more hot to play Edward! All I can say is that Robert & Kristen better have some really good on screen chemistry or I'll walk away from the movie a little disappointed! I was under the impression that Edward was supposed to be more beautiful than Bella....well, whoever picked the cast was way off the mark & probably has never even read Twilight!! So, I'm disappointed in Edward but still excited to see the movie!:)

18 comments:

Kristin Bishop said...

he is creepy...and I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. SIIIIICKKKK!!! I totally agree...movies always ruin the greatness of books:) I'll let you know what I think of the host....still need to get around to finishing it!

Andy & Alicia said...

I agree!! I was way sad when I saw who they had cast, maybe he's a really good actor though. Hopefully the movie doesn't blow.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Even though I am not a fan of the books, I don't think the cover suits their descriptions very well.

Your 4th sounds like it was so much fun. I love spending that time of year in a small town, nothing really compares!

Cori Carpenter said...

Crazy Pic! The one thing I was bugged about is that I really didn't picture him having hair on his chest... I thought he was supposed to have a smooth/"marble-like" body... Anyway, people need to calm down about Robert, I am not making a decision on him until I see the movie... He may or may not be able to pull it off! I am still way excited to see the movie!
It was so fun to see you on the fourth... we miss you already!!

Maranda said...

I just started reading twighlight and that Edward is pretty disappointing compared to the beautiful person I conjured up in my head. Anyway, maybe once we see his personality on screen it will change our minds.

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

I agree with Cori. I think that after the movie more people will like Robert as Edward. Like I never thought Heath Ledger was hot (may he rest in peace:)) until I saw A knights Tale and then I was in love with him. It's hard because I think in all our minds we picture this guy that's too gorgeous for life! But I think the movie is going to make him "become" Edward:) I really wanna see Jacob! I think they did a good job on Alice and Emmett is hot, I think. All-in-all I'm stoked for the movie. I still need to get a I heart Edward shirt to wear to it! lol!!!

Marshall and Dana said...

I totally agree with you, Edward is way hotter in my mind. They could have done alot better. Hopefully Jacob won't disappoint. Im a Jacob fan!

Melissa said...

this gives me the creeps. Bella is supposed to be plainer than that. and lets chat about creepy creepy edward. ew. also why did they HAVE to throw the apple in cover, and Edward please, fix your belt. Edward is always dark haired and beautiful ivory skined. not weird sunbleached hair and pinky. I don't know, seeing this makes me want to NOT watch the movie, but re read the books...

Melinda said...

Uh yeah weird. I don't like it one bit. Kristen is stunning here though. I've never seen her look so good, honestly. But Robert is definitely struggling. Who in the heck was his hair stylist?

Those are fun 4th of July pictures. Family BBQ's are the BEST EVER! Garrett and I watched the office in the Denali while we waited for the fire works to start... ha ha ha. Yeah I'm pregnant ok.

The McClellan Family said...

Yeah - he is not hot. I love the fourth parade - nothing better than than a good parade, sunshine and ice cream. How are things going?

Kathryn said...

I think that he will be a good edward but I don't like that cover because bella is way better looking...and your right edward is supposed to be the bett looking anyway I finished the host and I don't know if there will be a sequel but I am glad that she got to stay with ian!

Sarah Greener said...

Ok, So this is what I think..... Yeah Edward is sooooo not cute.... so not. Like you said, he is just so much cuter, sexier, in my head too! haha... Bella is perfect, not too gorgeous but not ugly either...haha not to be mean..... I am a little nervous for the movie, I just dont think that it will be what I am hoping it will be... But I do think that it will be good, well it better be, but I will still go see it regardless!!!
Cant wait to see you and chels!! I am soooo excited!!!

Sarah Greener said...

Oh and love the fourth pics! It looks like you had fun! That is great that you got to see Cori too!!! How is she doing?

Elyse said...

What the heck? That's Edward? Gross! That is not at all what I was picturing. That ruins everything!

Unknown said...

It looks like you have been having a great time with your family. I think that I am the only one in the world that hasn't read the twilight books...I know, I have to but from what everyone has been saying and loving it, I am missing out. Well maybe I will see the movie first and then read the book because then the movie won't be as disappointing and the books will be all that much better! but I agree the guy on the magazine is totally creepy! YUCK!anyways, have fun!

Dan & Keri said...

This picture terrifies me. Seriously, did Entertainment Weekly even read the book? They'd know that this is horrible. Hope you are Brycer are doing well. Guess what? I got your job as Primary Sectretary. Thanks for giving me big shoes to fill!

Grant and Jessie Pennington said...

Hey Britt! I just got your gift today! I totally love it! Im so excited that I wont have to kneel down on the hard tile now! Thank you SO SO MUCH!! I wish you could of been there! It was a lot of fun and we had a really good turn out. I will post pics hopefully in the next couple of days! Things have been so busy I havent had time to blog about anything lately! So when do you move to Nevada? Talk to you soon!
XOXO
Jess

Tiffany P. said...

Ok, honestly, when I was typing that post I was thinking of you the whole time!! YOu totally have it worse than me, but we're both super busy, you with your grandpa and me with Cash, so at least that helps to take our mind off of them-temporarily anyways. Until the dark night comes and we wish our boys were here to cuddle! Hang in there.