Well, this picture honestly doesn't do it justice, believe me, but I would just like to share with everyone the hideous beast that's threatening to take over my entire face!!! I have never been one to get cold sores or anything like that but lucky me.... there's always a first time for everything! I had a few camping casualties last weekend, one of them including getting a little sunburned on my fishing trip with my dad & grandpa. I am a little obsessive compulsive when it comes to having dry lips so I always have chap stick or lip gloss with me. The fishing trip was no different.....except that I didn't realize my lip gloss didn't have SPF in it. So along with my knees, forehead and scalp getting burned as did my lips. I had a feeling that they may have gotten burned a few days after the camping trip cause they were a little sore and I had a hard time keeping them moisturized.
* * *
It all happened on Tuesday morning when I woke up and my bottom lip was really itchy on one corner and I thought to myself, "Oh crap, I think I'm getting a fever blister" and sure enough by the end of the day the whole right side of my bottom lip was covered in blisters!!! YUCK!!! I'm now convinced that I'm a huge wimp because I haven't stopped complaining about it since then and it just keeps getting more disgusting. Those of you that know me know that I'm not one to take medicine.... well, I have had to talk aspirin a few times this week because I thought I was going to pass-out from the pain that was radiating through my lip!! I am so self-conscious about it too!! I just know that when I'm talking to people they're staring at the living organism growing on my lip!!
* * *
HELP!!!

16 comments:
-k- I love that you posted about that! I knew i liked you! :) It seriously isn't that bad Brit. it'll clear up in no time! I wish I had some helpful tips but I just don't. Looks like the camping trip was way fun. That's a great tradition! reading your blog made me want a s'more!
Sad! I definitely know the pain you're talking about because for some reason my bottom lip ALWAYS gets sunburned somehow. I think it's big and pokes out or something because I rarely go out in the sun (spf or not) when it doesn't get sunburned and it's so painful! Good luck!
Ouch! Sorry. Looks like you had a fun camping trip though!
Brittany you are so funny. I know that you say this picture doesn't do it justice but it really doesn't look too bad. Sorry you're in pain though.
P.S. We would love it if you and Bryce came to Cedar to visit!
you finally know how I feel. If I even start to get stressed (which is daily in my life...I GET ONE). YOu have seen me with ones that are 5 times bigger than that! YOU ARE A WIMP! Do you remember when my lips got sunburned in Hawaii. You obviously have forgotton that I couldn't hold up my bottom lip without using my hand! Maybe I'll post a picture if I get brave to prove to you what a cold sore is honey!
Looks like you had a fun time camping. I will call you tomorrow. Bryce was in my prayers tonight....good luck to our hubbies. Tomorrow is the big day!
hey! how are you? i was thinking about you today so i thought i would check out your blog! i like you lip! very nice! i hope things are going good for you! i miss you! keep in touch. do you have my email. i don't have yours! i need it! :)
I can't say that I know how you feel....Knock on wood! It looks painful though. It looks like you had fun on your camping trip! Are missing Omaha like Kristin or are you adjusting to your new home in Lovelock?
I don't think it looks as bad as you think it does. i am the same way about medicine! Good to know a nurse doesn't like to take it either.
Oh my heck Brittany that is so sad! Looks like you've had a lot going on lately, I'll bet that camping trip was so much fun! I love camping. So I wasn't sure if Bryce had the bar the same days I did, but if not, tell him good luck!
Maybe try some of that herpicin chapstic. I have never had one but that one looks pretty bad. Hopefully you never have to experience that ever again.
It didn't look that bad!!!! I think now you can sympathize with how I have been feeling my whole life!
Need some Valtrex? Just kidding. I have yet to have a fever blister in my life so I guess that I am lucky by those standards! It really isn't that bad. It will clear up as quickly as it came. Miss you!!! Wish you were still in the Big O! Work is good, a lot of officey stuff! Call me later.
haha oh Britt you are funny! It didnt look too bad! But it did look painful:( Thanks to you though I will be wearing chapstick when I go outside for long periods of time!
It was soooooo good to see you though, I had sooooo much fun! Hopefully we wont have to wait too long to do it again!
OUCH! That looks like it hurts, but to look on the bright side....your lips look bigger :) haha They should start putting spf in lipgloss. Thats a great idea!
I think it's great that you posted that! I just had a vessel lasered off of my nose and it looks like I got beat with a bat. I've stayed inside for the last 9 days trying to hide it from the world. Darn make-up won't cover it up either. I'm sure in no time you'll be back to normal!
ohhhhhhhh brit! that is so crazy. i got one the day before i had the baby. and about that big too!!! so weird. my was from a sunburn as well. i'm still trying to get over it 10 days later!!!
Post a Comment