Nothing says "Happy 4th of July" like a huge patriotic truck/diesel burning up $5.50/gallon gas!!:) I just had to take a picture of it! Isn't it cool?!

I had such a great 4
th of July!! Nothing
compares to spending this fun holiday in my good
ol' hometown of
Blanding! It's sure to be a good time!! I was surrounded by my wonderful family & friends and enjoyed every minute of it!
* * * *
The day started off with the parade down main street. I heard it was a great parade- -I was too busy collecting candy for the kiddos and reminiscing with friends that have had 2 kids since the last time I saw them! Following the parade we walked down to the "booths" and waited in very long lines in the 100 degree heat for a Navajo taco & a snow cone!! We had fun doing it though! I got to see a lot of friends that I haven't seen or talked to in a long time.


Later in the evening we got the family together for a BBQ at my parent's house. We had steak, potatoes & homemade
ice cream......yummy!! My mom and I decided to start a new tradition of making homemade
ice cream every 4
th of July and this was year #1.:)
* * * *
Four generations of handsome
Nielson men! They all share the same middle name- -Joseph.

While we were waiting to go down to the park for the fireworks we taught the kids how to do the Poppers. They loved them and when the poppers were all gone
Jett kept asking me for more....well, I didn't have any and it broke my heart to have to tell him so. :)

Cori & Eli are basically part of the family so it was very fitting to have them over for the BBQ. Their little girl
Indianna is just the cutest, most innocent thing ever! We were so happy they took us up on our invitation!

(Below: This is what happens by the end of the day when the men have had enough of the picture taking) :)

* * * *

The fireworks this year were awesome!! They were the best
Blanding fireworks I've ever seen!
Jett loved them &
Tenli really wasn't too sure of what to think of the loud noise. I have so much fun playing with these two kids! I love them
sooooo much!!!

It was so nice to "set up camp" on the grass, relax, listen to the live band & the kids playing and then enjoy the fireworks. It was the perfect ending to the day!. . . . . . well, it would have been more perfect had my husband been there with me.:(
7 comments:
It was a fun 4th of July!!! It would have been better if Bryce could have been there. Hey don't forget to set up google reader.
hey is was so good to see you at the 4th....even though you have lived here for a month. it's so weird that in such a small town I still don't even see you! well anyway I am glad that you had fun and I am so happy that you soon will get to be with your hubby!
it was a great 4th, wasn't it? Too bad I didn't run into you. You've gotta be the best aunt, Brittany. All those kids are so cute! I LOVE homemade ice cream and you reminded me that it's been WAY to long since i've had any:)!
I'm glad you got a picture of that diesel cause I heard it was even cooler than last year. Friend/family circles are the best. I bet those kids love you.
There's nothing like the 4th in Blanding. I love it! Hopefully we'll be able to spend more there. I'm a little worried about:( It was good to see you and the rest of your fam. Sorry we couldn't play cards...it was too late by the time we finished with the reunion.
It looks like you guys had a great fourth. I can't believe your husband wasn't with you. That is so sad! :(
Thats fun that you got to spend time with Cori and her little family.
I just saw your Twilight post and completely agree about Edward...bad choice!! But that is pretty cool they are on the cover of Entertainment. Maybe it will be a better made movie than I thought it was going to be.
Don't you just love doing the fourth in the small towns nothing beats that. It looks like you had a blast though you look so cute in all your pics
Post a Comment