Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall is Delicious :)

What is it about fall that makes me want to bake?
Fall simply reminds me of delicious foods like pumpkin spice bread, Halloween cookies, homemade soups, apple cider.........the list goes on and on.
This is also the time of year that I cuss the size of my counter space in my small apartment kitchen!!! Ahhhhh!!

I decided to make sugar cookies for a potluck we had at work last week. They turned out yuuuuuuummmy! I got lots of compliments on them, which made me feel better about spending 5 hours of my time baking, frosting, and decorating them.:)

* * *

So here's to fall, delicious food and gaining 5 lbs. of winter insulation around the mid-section.:)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yumm...those look good. Bake me some and send them to TN please! :) I love all the scentsy stuff too! I love fall and all the yummy smells!

Jessie said...

I love fall too!!

ps. What's your cookie recipe? I LOVE sugar cookies!

Anonymous said...

You need to save some of those cookies for your nephew and niece. If you give them away, there will be less for you to eat and put on pounds.

Sandi said...

Mmm! Why don't we live closer so I can benefit from your cooking???

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

YUM Brittany! Those cookies look delish, Sugar cookies are my absolute fav! I know what ya mean, Fall makes me wanna bake too. Insulation for winter is a good idea, lol. I love the cute center piece in the photo!!

Anonymous said...

Guess who the other "anonymous" writer is? He wants it to be a secret.
Mom

Chelsea Johnson said...

Funny that I have gained ten pounds in the last week too, simply by all the food I've been cooking. Seriously. Sugar cookies, pumpkin bread, pumpkin squares, pumpkin soup....seems like a theme going on.

When is your next visit?

Unknown said...

Your cookies look yum! I am now craving halloween sugar cookies. Thanks alot! :) oh and yay for only 17 days until NEW MOON!! I love your countdown!! GO Edward!!!!