Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Bring On the Summer Vacations!

Our first vacation starts Thursday in Dallas, Texas. I know it doesn't sound like the most popular place to vacation but we're looking forward to it! The original purpose in going to Texas was to attend my cousin's wedding but it just so happens that Bryce's sister Teri and her family live there so we'll get to hang out with them too. So. . . lots o' family time, touring Dallas, celebrating love, and
not one but TWO Red Sox games. . . . . .

. . . . . should make for a great trip!

And as soon as we get back from Texas I've got to drive 3 hours into the mountains in Elko, Nevada, to be with my Young Women at Girl's Camp.

* * *

Vacation #2 will be in beautiful Lake Tahoe! Bryce and I decided that we need to spend more time there because it's so amazing. So we called up our friends that live in Gardnerville, which is only 1/2 an hour from one of the beautiful beaches of Tahoe, and planned a weekend mini vaca.

Then shortly after our mini vaca will start vacation #3- - a trip to Utah for one of my bestest friend's wedding reception in Moab then a little camping with the fam in Colorado! A little relaxing, fishing, and card playing in the mountains with the sound of the river in the background. Doesn't get much better than that!

Oh I love summer vacations!!
(Hopefully some great pictures to follow each one of these vacations.)

10 comments:

Mikesell Family said...

wahoo that sounds fun! So I have to say you forgot the fact that Dallas has some great shopping...or so I've heard. I need a vacation..you'll have to post about Tahoe..that sounds so fun!

Noelle said...

Sounds way fun! We're headed to Bear Lake this weekend for a little get away and I'm way excited! Have fun!

Sandi said...

Sounds fun! I love summer and all the vacations that come with it. It goes way too fast!

Jessie said...

Dont you just love summer vacays??!!!

I hope you have a good time, and take LOTS of pictures so we can feel as though we were along for the ride!!!

Anonymous said...

So excited to hang out with you guys in Texas and Priest Gulch!
Love Mom

JOE BURNS said...

Boston games no way!! I'm so jealous. Go SOX!!!

Unknown said...

i just love summer vacations too! you will LOVE dallas. i had so much fun when we went there. make sure to hit the galleria mall! seriously the biggest mall i have ever been in (well i grew up in grace so what do you expect :) but it is pretty big! have so much fun!!! tell brice to let out just a lil' holla for the rangers from brandon! :)

(this post was from stacy not brandon, even though it says brandon!)

Melinda said...

Ew I'm jealous! I want a Vaca too! I hope you have a blast and then post a bunch of pictures. I'm particularly looking forward to the Tahoe pics.

Mort said...

Hey it sounds like you will be busy the next little while.. It sounds like a lot fun.. you will love Dallas.. Im Jelous of your Tahoe trip..

Bonnie said...

You guys have a fun filled summer ahead! I have to admit, I am a little jealous! :) Have fun!!