So Bryce bit the dust last Tuesday playing church basketball and came down on his ankle.
He heard it pop and wasn't able to put any weight on it so his comrades took him to the ER.
Around this time I got a phone call:
Brittany: Hello.
"Comrade": Hi Brittany. . . . . .we're taking Bryce to the Emergency Room. Would you like to meet us there??
Brittany: EMERGENCY ROOM?? What happened??
"Comrade": Well, we think he sprained his ankle but he may need x-rays.
Brittany: Oh. . . . . sprained ankle. I'll be there soon.
* * *
I had just gotten home from the grocery store so after putting away the "frozen goods" I headed to Pershing General Hospital.
* * *
Well after being at the hospital for nearly 2 hours we left with an ace wrap, pain medication, and crutches!
Yea you heard me. . . . .crutches.:(
* * *
Day 2
* * *
Well, after 3 days on crutches Bryce is able to "hobble" on his foot now. It's looking much better and a little less like a fat man's foot.:)

13 comments:
Poor guy!!!
My foot looked awfully similar when I was 9 months pregnant!! Minus the bruises!
Get well soon Bryce!!
PS. That church ball business can get CRAZY!!
Oh, OUCH is right! Remember that show called Pure Luck? Where he gets stung by bees and starts to swell, that's what it reminds me of! Poor Guy!
Aw, poor Bryce! Hasn't he learned his lesson about his age and athletics? I don't really let Max play much anymore because I think his weak, brittle bones are too prone to injury.
I'm sure you realize this, but they say that sprains and soft tissue damage does swell and look a lot worse than an actual broken bone, plus, its worse to recover from.
I guess I am a mean wife, because I tell Max he can only go to the ER when he is actually dying or on the verge! I should probably take nice wife lessons from you!
Ew. Dang Bryce. Yeah sprains are the worst. My ankle took forever to heal. And I totally feel for him with the hobbling thing. It's the pits.
I got a phone call from the ER once after Garrett was playing church ball. Except someone got him in the nose with an elbow, and it needed stitches and surgery. Like the saying goes... "church ball is the only fight that starts with a prayer". ;)
that dang church ball!! gets 'em everyt time! you guys should of stayed in omaha! our little church ball team was pretty sad out here! they definately missed bryce.
miss you both!
Oh, thanks for compliments, I wasn't probing them at all! ;) No really, it means a lot, I'll pass it along to Tye. My sister, Meagan, and her husband are renting the basement for right now, unless they decide to buy or something.
Dude, that sounds like Eli....except he comes home from church ball with a torn ACL, I wish it had been a sprained ankle! After his surgery he was on cruches and Therapy for months and months! Basketball was also the reason his spleen burst and he almost bled to death in his sleep!!!! Dang b-ball injuries can be rough...poor Bryce! I hope he feels better soon! It's not fun seeing your hubby suffer!
GEEEEZ! I'm tellin ya, church ball is rough stuff. That ankle looks very farmiliar. Ryan cannot play bball without coming home like that. poor guy, looks really painful. Now you can be a nurse @ home to:)
Man that looks like it hurts! Why is it that someone always gets hurt in church ball?! Sorry Bryce!
Ouch!!! That's some intense church ball!
What a bummer....Looks pretty painful!
Ouch that looks painful! Sorry Bryce!
Way to go on the dressing from scratch. I am pretty sure I have never made anything from scratch. So I am very impressed:)
Bryce I feel for you. I remember the pain of rolling and spraining my ankles. Church ball is brutal!!
Post a Comment