I'm not really a "make things from scratch" sort of girl but last week I became a "homemaker" just by doing so.:) Ok, I know that doesn't really qualify me as a "homemaker" but we'll pretend just for the sake of this post.
* * *
I was getting ready to make a delicious steak salad recipe from the Liz Edmunds cook book I've mentioned before and it called for Honey Mustard dressing. Well. . . . I'm more of a Ranch dressing girl but I thought, "What the heck? I've got the ingredients. I can do this!"
And let me tell you what. . . . . I DID!!
Can you see the big old smile on my face?? I was so darn proud of myself!!:) Not like it was hard or anything but I've just never made anything from scratch except freezer jam- once.
just let me bask in the glory of being a "homemaker" for just one day!:)

12 comments:
I am very proud of you. Making things from scratch is not easy, and it's scary. I probably would have gone out and bought some dressing. I think you can for sure call yourself a homemaker!
Good Job! I've made dressing a few different times and it is surprising what's in them. Go "homemaker"!
I can't say that I have ever made dressing before! Good job!! It looks delish!! Also, I am not a good cook at all, so I don't suggest that I start with dressing.
ps. your hair is getting SO long!! VERY PRETTY!!
Ahh, Brit! What a cute little homemaker you are!
Homemakers definetely make their own dressing....So you totally qualify to be called one! You are so cute. Your hair is so long! My honey mustard dressing just consists of honey and dijon mustard, but yours is probably a whole lot better.
You are still cute as ever! Who are you calling thin - you are a skinny minnie!! Thanks for your prayers for Kadence - your a sweetheart!
go brittany, aka martha stewart! very impressive!!!
I knew you had it in ya Britt! Good job!
Love,
Mom
Heck yeah you should be bragging about your skills! That is one reason I have a hard time cooking, all the random and bazillion ingredients that go into one little dressing or meal. So much easier just to buy it at the store! Good Job!
for sure no lice, but scabies makes me sick to think about. I don't have a rash or anything just itchy. Way to go on the homemade salad dressing. I am very proud of you!
Good for you! I still get giddy when I do something homemakerish because I'm still not Martha Stewart like most of the other moms I know. I'm proud of you :) Our internet has been down for awhile too, it's miserable, so glad we have it back!
Brittany you are so funny! Great job on the dressing. By the way..you look great! You are so dang pretty!!
Post a Comment