Saturday, February 21, 2009

"What happens in Vegas. . . . ."

. . . . . is this. . . .



Husband has prosecutor training in Las Vegas for 5 days and lets Wife tag along!


Wife books room on the strip at the Monte Carlo.



Husband goes to training from 8 AM to 4 PM while Wife sleeps in, takes long baths in the jet-tub and reads. :)


They had never stayed in a hotel room with 2 bathrooms before! :)

Wife drags Husband to every beautiful casino display in Vegas.


Husband plays along. . . (and even enjoys himself a little).


Wife begs Husband to buy her pretty jewelry from Tiffany's . . . and Husband pretends to be broke.

So Wife says "No" to slot machines! :)


Husband & Wife spend 2 hours in the Titanic Exhibit at the Luxor.


And were convinced it's the coolest exhibit ever!!!

- no picture
Husband & Wife also went to the Bodies exhibit but weren't nearly as impressed. :(
* * *
On Tuesday- Wife meets up for lunch with college friends Chelsea & Christie!
Friend Chelsea's little boy Jack made new friends that day and refers to Husband & Wife as "Bwinty & Gampa". (Husband's not quite sure how funny that really is) He,he!:)
- no picture :(
Husband & Wife meet up for dinner that night with 3 of Husband's college friends, who they hadn't seen in 4 years, and get to meet their wives & children (some still in the womb). Wife finds out that they too belong to the world of blogging! Yay!!
* * *
Husband & Wife do lots and lots o' walking.
And run into some very interesting folk.:)

- again no picture. :(
Husband & Wife get tickets to the Cirque du Soleil show "KA" at the MGM and end up sitting on the 3rd row!! Wife is completely mesmerized the entire 2 hour show!!. . . .Husband thinks show is "pretty cool", except for the parts he slept through. ;)
* * *
Wife loves any and all waterfalls, fountains, and "water shows", so of course they spend the final night in Vegas seeing each and every one of them.

In the search for free entertainment, Husband and Wife step inside. . . and fall in love with. . . the Wynn and decide it's their favorite hotel/casino in Vegas!! It even has a gigantic singing frog in it's water show!:)


So, Wife spends all week looking for "famous" people and finally it happens at the Wynn. . . . . . Husband spots Plaxico Burress doing a little shopping with his "crew" and points him out to Wife. . . who thinks "who's Pleco Burns?". After Husband laughs, he explains that Plaxico Burress is a wide receiver for the NY Giants who recently shot himself in the leg when his gun fell out of his sweat pants. . . . . Then Husband, being the prosecutor that he is, wonders if Plaxico is "violating the conditions of his bail release" by being in Las Vegas, Nevada, rather than the New York area. Hmmmmm????
Seriously?. . . . .of all the "famous" people they could have seen!


"Ahhhhhh Vegas!"
"It's been great but we've had enough."
* * *
And Husband & Wife bid farewell to "Sin City".
THE END

22 comments:

Jessie said...

How fun Britt!! It looks like you guys had a blast!!

I bet you guys were tired by the end of the weekend!! Vegas always has people doing a lot of walking, and I always think I am pretty good shape until I go to Vegas! All the walking kicks my butt!

Noelle said...

So fun! I've been to a couple of the Cirque de Solei shows, Mystere and Love, and I was also mesmerized the entire show! Isn't it just crazy! I loved them though, especially Mystere.

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

Sorry I had to delete my comment because I spelled your last name wrong and I felt shameful. Anyway what I said was...Brittany you are so cute! And I just love you and I'm glad "Husband and Wife Shields" had fun in Vegas.

JOE BURNS said...

Good stuff! Tell B-ryce sorry for not getting a better glamour shot of him in the studio with a feather boa. Maybe next time. Meaning don't wait four years to come to Vegas. Glad you liked Ka it's my favorite. Tell Bryce to stop faking the empty pockets I know he's making the big bucks now time for some bling bling jewelry.

Sandi said...

I always love reading your posts, they are so entertaining:) Looks like you guys had a fun time in Vegas. I love going there. We are going in March, yay!

Andy & Alicia said...

How fun! It kind of wore me out to read everything you guys did. That's so fun that you guys were able to meet up with some of your college roommates.

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Looks like Vegas was a blast! How fun that you got to go with him! So Bachelor....can't wait for the finale next week! It's totally Melissa. :)

Mort said...

Looks like you two had alot of fun.. I love Vegas.. pleco burns is halarious.. Glad you had a good time..

Nielson Family said...

I would have loved to see Plax. Last time we were in Vegas we saw Jason Kidd. I don't know why but I love to see Celebs in real life. Jett & Tenli are excited to see you on Friday. I told Jett that you were going to go to his soccer game on Saturday so he's going to try and play extra good to impress you. Oh yeah, just to warn you Ian is going to try and get you to babysit on Friday night.

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend. Your hotel room looked amazing! How fun for you to be able to go with Bryce.

Laici said...

I love the way you wrote that, so cute, and creative:) I'm going to vegas in a few weeks, so I'm really glad you posted all your likes and dislikes. Now I know what to spend time on, and what not to waste time on. I LOVE WATERSHOWS!!!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

how fun! I'm headed there with Laici in a few weeks and you made me really excited to go!!! I've always wanted to go to the Titanic museum.

Marshall and Dana said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Loved the fun post. I miss you guys!
Mom

Maranda said...

I love Vegas, especially for shopping! Looks like you guys had fun. I love who your celebrity sighting turned out to be. HA!

Kristin said...

Something is wrong with your link on my blog. I check every day...and it never says you've posted until a week later:)

Anyhow...that's why i haven't commented yet, but I had been waiting.

Fun fun fun. I love vacations and little getaways. I loved your hotel room as well.
I'm going to vegas now!

can't wait ot see you in 48 hours

Mikesell Family said...

I was over excited to go to the show KA, so I was just a little let down I guess. I wanted to go to O, but didn't have time. I loved the Variety show. That was probably my favorite. I had such a great time. You need to check out the suites in TheHotel at Mandalay! They were outstanding! I told Adrienne to change her reservations. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Nicole said...

Vegas looks awesome! What a fun get a way. Are you excited about the new Scentsy scents? I'm excited to see what the Twilight scent smells like!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Sounds like you had a great vacay! I was sooooo happy we got to see you guys and Jack loved bwitney and grandpa! Hopefully it won't be another 7 months till we see you agian!

Cheyn said...

It's about time you updated again. Looks like you guys know how to do vegas the right way. Where is that titanic exhibit?? I think we'll have to go to that!

Adalia said...

Dont husbands love to pretend to be broke when its convenient? Cute blog!