Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meet My New Friends. . . . .

Like most of you, I've been trying to keep myself entertained indoors this month. January can be somewhat depressing but I think I've managed to enjoy my days off and in the process I've made a couple new friends. . . . .

Meet Liz. . . . . she's my new personal chef!

OK, not really, I have to buy the groceries, read the recipe and actually prepare the food but she's been a great help!

I'm not usually one for cook books but my sister-in-law Karmen is an amazing cook and she gave me Liz for Christmas (along with the apron I'm wearing in the picture) so I thought I'd give her a try. Well. . . . . . the Food Nanny has rescued dinner in the Shields home!:) I've made about 10 dinners from Liz and they've all been delicious, even Bryce will agree. The recipes are easy to follow and Liz gives great suggestions! I would recommend "The Food Nanny Rescues Dinner" by Liz Edmunds to anyone!

* * *
I'll now introduce you to another friend of mine that I've spent a lot of time with this month. . . . . . .
Meet Winnifred!
I guess you could call her a rocker. She works for Guitar Hero World Tour and sometimes she lets me pick out her concert clothes and change her hair color!:)
What a cool friend huh?
* * *
I feel like I've had a lot of time on my hands lately but all I've wanted to do are things I enjoy! I've had fun cooking with Liz, playing Guitar Hero with Winnifred, reading while soaking in the tub, watching lots o' movies with Bryce, making scarves with the young women for a service project we're putting together and hoping "The Bachelor" Jason finds true love (I'm such a hopeless romantic)! All in all January's been a pretty good month!

15 comments:

Cori Carpenter said...

How fun! I have been getting into cook books and swaping recipes with friends lately! That's awesome that you have time to cook! All of my cook books include the words; Quick, Easy, Meals! Guitar Hero is a blast...just about everyone we hang with owns it! It's good to hear you're doing well and having fun with your "friends" :)

Jessie said...

Girl, I totally feel ya!! Im feeling the winter blues/cabin fever! AHHHHHH
And I too hope Jason finds true love!!

Jessie said...

ps. I was noticing in your pictures that you have incredible skin!

I.AM.JEALOUS!!

Kristin Bishop said...

you kill me.

ANd...yes I agree with Jessie...whoever that is. What are you doing for your skin. you should see me for real!

Sandi said...

Sounds fun! I think I need to meet Winnifred. Brooklyn thinks she can do her own hair now maybe Winnifred will always let me do her hair:)

Melinda said...

Ha Ha! Yes! Great friends indeed! You sound about like me. I hang out with similar friends. The people on Rock Band are surprizingly easy to get along with. They just sway back and forth until I'm ready to rock out with them. Some of my other friends are in a way cool, elite, club call the "food network" though. Dang. I could never be so cool. I would like to start posting some recipes on my blog and have a recipe section. I should really do that...one of these days. Your post cracked me up though! Love it, and love you.

jackster said...

Hey thanks! I just ordered some. So who are you rooting for? I really like Melissa, I think he's just keeping Stephanie one more week because he feels bad.

Alecia said...

You look so cute in that apron Brittany! Just don't tell my husband that you've been cooking so well!

Anonymous said...

Oh Britt! I'm sorry you're so bored! I'm going to have to come visit!
Mom

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

Hey I came across your blog and thought I'd say hello...glad to see you're a bachelor fan!! I love it. I look forward to it all week long. I'm glad Stephanie is gone. I think their connection was just between their kids and not them. I'm hoping he ends up with Melissa. Let me know who's your fav!

Elyse said...

Coming up with new recipes is the best! I'm glad they're turning out yummy for you guys! OK-I know you're a Bachelor watcher too-what did you think of last night? Ahhh-I'm losing sleep over this-I can't believe he kept that Naomi girl. Anyway, now I can hardly wait till next week. This dumb show is addicting!

Melinda said...

OH Boy! You won't be seeing your husband much with X-Box live around. Sometimes I get pretty mad. But that's good that Garrett can play with Bryce on there....instead of the 10 year old's he's been talking crap to. Maybe I will actually create a profile and we can all play together on Call of Duty. That would be funny.

Unknown said...

I am right there with the Bachelor!!! Go jason find your woman! Anyways, good job keeping yourself entertained!

Nicole said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who watches the Bachelor. It's so lame and the drama drives me crazy, but I can't stop myself, it's so addicting. I was sad Stephanie left, she was so real and sweet. Melissa seems cute.
Good job on the cooking . That looks like a good book.

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

I am really enjoying the cook book as well. I think it's fun to try new recipes because I always feel like I cook the same things over and over.