Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Today's a Great Day!

Wow! We're having a pretty good day here in the Shields' home!
* * *
I'll start of with the least exciting piece of news- - that is. . . . I got a job!! WAHOO!:) It was time. My apartment can't get any cleaner!:) I will be working Per Diem(which means that I'm a fill-in) at the Pershing County Hospital right here in Lovelock. This is great for 2 reasons: 1) I won't have to commute which I thought I was going to have to do and 2) being Per Diem means that I can choose whether or not I can work the days they ask me to which means that I won't get stuck being the "new employee" working all of the upcoming holidays. So I'm back to be a working woman but kind of on my terms.:) I must say that I'm usually very blessed with my job opportunities and I'm very thankful for that.
* * *
The most exciting bit of news I have is that (no, I'm not pregnant) . . . .
I am married to the smartest man alive!!!!:)
Bryce PASSED the Bar Exam!! We are so so excited!! I am so proud of him! Three and a half years of hard work has finally paid off. He is officially an attorney & will be sworn in to the Bar Association next month. It's a great excuse to get our parents out here to celebrate with us! I've never seen Bryce so excited! He's actually still in shock I think. He's been walking around the house with a "school boy" grin on his face since 3 o'clock when the results were posted.:)
Way to go Bryce. . . . .you did it!!
And I'm so so proud of you!

18 comments:

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Congratulations Bryce we are so proud of you!

Kristin said...

wwwwaaaaahhhooooo!
Go bryce...and wait a go on the job:) Please rub some of your good luck off on me:)

Elyse said...

Yea! What great news! You guys should definitely have a celebration. Congrats on the job! I can't believe your mom is 50-are you kidding me? She is absolutely gorgeous!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

That is some great news Brittany!! Congrats on the job, sounds like it's going to be great. And a big Congrats to Bryce!! That is SUCH hard work but sounds like it's paid off!!! That is a great day in the Sheilds home!

Marshall and Dana said...

Congrats! That is awesome!!!

Andy & Alicia said...

YAY!! Congratulations to the BOTH of you. Wahoo!!!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am so proud and excited for both of you!!!!! Those are both awesome accomplishments, and you should be just as proud of yourself!

Happy Birthday to your Mom, she is one cool lady!

Cheyn said...

Congrats to both of you guys! That's way exciting that you won't have to work holidays too!

Maranda said...

What a relief I'm sure. Congrats to Bryce....it is such an awesome accomplishment. Can't wait till we're in that place. Congrats on the job Brit. You are very lucky to find something (especially in nursing) with such flexiblility. Sounds like things couldn't be going better for the both of you!

jackster said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy for both of you! I definitely know how bryce feels, its the biggest relief ever! And yay for your job, it sounds perfect!

Melinda said...

Oh YAY! That is wonderful news! Congratulations to you both!!

Sarah Greener said...

Yea! Congrats on the new job, that sounds perfect! Congrats to Bryce passing the bar, that is was awesome! Good job!! Happy b-day to your mom I am so jealous that she got to go to Europe! Way cool!

Cori Carpenter said...

Congrats to you for getting a new job...very exciting!! And congrats to Bryce!!! That's way cool! It looks like things are going great for you guys!! Happy birthday to Laura!
Brittany, I wish you and I could have gone with them to Europe... How fun would that have been... all four of us... Adrienne and I were talking about that! Anyway...Yea for both of you!!!

Nicole said...

Congrats guys! Man life is good huh? Especially when the Red Sox make a come back like they did the other night right? Go REd Sox!!

Anonymous said...

Bryce, we are so proud of you! We knew you could do it! I know you had your doubts, but we never did. Love ya tons! Vance and Laura

Stacy Ellison said...

HOORAY! now you can both check that off your list! Congrats! isn't it the best feeling EVER! even though we didn't really have to do any of the "hard" work :) it is just nice to be behind us!

Bonnie said...

Yay!! Congrats Bryce. That is great news!

Alecia said...

Congrats to both of you! Brittany - I know your favorite job has always been at SS, so don't be disappointed if your new job doesn't add up! J/K Congrats!