Sunday, October 19, 2008

CaLiForNiA PuMKiN PatCh- -

Seriously, who would drive 3 hours into another state just to go to a Pumpkin Patch and enjoy the fall festivities??. . . . . .
Well, I did!:)
* * *
About a month ago my friend Christelle asked me if I'd like to take a day trip to California to go to Bishop's Pumpkin Patch and afterwards go shopping at a huge mall not too far outside Sacramento. I'm always up for fun trips and shopping of course so I said "absolutely"!
So last Thursday we headed to Reno to stay with Christelle's in-laws and wake up early the next morning to head to Cali. They do this little trip every year with just the ladies and kiddos. I love to go and see places I've never seen before so I just soaked it all in. The drive to California was beautiful!
* * *
It was a day full of windy fun! You'll notice in all the pictures everyone's hair is blowing around like crazy. We were covered in dirt by the time we left which made for a very "grungy" trip to the mall.:) We still had tons of fun though!

* * *

Christelle's cute little kids Olivia & Henry became quite fond of me during this trip. I seem to be a kid magnet sometimes but I know that it's just because I act more like them than an adult.:)

Point made!;) Christelle and I had to see how tall we are this fall.
* * *
Too bad we couldn't lock them in there.:)
Of course we had to take the traditional train ride to tour all of Bishop's Pumpkin Patch.

And one of the funnest activities was the petting zoo! It was awesome! They had a pregnant pig that was enormous, various other farm animals and my favorite. . . . . . the baby goats!
My family will laugh when they see that I took pictures of the goats and I'm sure they'll have fun teasing me. They know I love goats and it all stems from when I was about 5 or 6 years old, my grandpa had a whole bunch of goats and I used to just play in their cage with them for hours on end. I'd ride the bigger ones and feed bottles to the babies.:) I just loved those goats and so my family nicknamed me "goat girl" because I always smelled so lovely when I'd come home from playin' with the goats.:)
And last but not least we had to pick out our own pumpkins! It's crazy to me how huge some of them get! All the kids wanted me to help them pick their pumpkins so I ended up not getting one myself. What can I say, I'm a kid magnet.:)
* * *
What a fun day trip to California! Thanks to Christelle for inviting me.:)

14 comments:

Dan & Keri said...

This looks like a lot of fun, I wish I was three hours from Cali! Lucky girl! How are things in Nevada? The job is good for me. The other thing... not so good, still nothing. Oh well, Heavenly Father has a plan I'm sure, patience right? What about you. How's your job and the other thing?

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

how fun! that pic of the pumpkin patch is really cute. You're lucky to be so close to California. I love the goat girl story! way funny!!

Adalia said...

Looks like lots of fun! You and Bryce should check out Lattin Farms in Fallon-its a pretty cool little place too!

The McClellan Family said...

Oh I miss the days of spontaneous trips!!! We are actually on the verge of going to Chicago this weekend. That is pretty impressive for us these days.

Melinda said...

I'm jealous you are so close to California! Lucky girl! What a fun trip too.

Scott, Anj, Molly, & Wyatt said...

Looks like you had a great time. Sounds so fun to live close to great places you can go and visit.

Marshall and Dana said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love fall activities!!

Kathryn said...

looks like tons of fun! but thats the kind of things you do when you don't have kids....or at least it's easier! I am glad that you found a job! you will have to come visit blanding sometime again!

Sandi said...

I love October! I'm glad you had fun, that would be so nice to be so close to California.
Congrats to Bryce on passing the Bar and to you for making it through all those hours of your husband studying!

Stacy Ellison said...

hey, if you're going to drive to california, why not head on out to nebraska! it is a beautiful drive! we would have so much fun :) you know you want to go to vala's...

Maranda said...

How fun! I have to make it to Vala's Pumpkin Patch this year since I missed out going with you guys last year. Sad...October's almost over.

Unknown said...

I love pumpkin patches. that is awesome you drove to one in Cali. Fun!! You look great!

Bonnie said...

That is a huge pumpkin! Looks like a fun trip. We are thinking about going to the pumpkin patch here...the kids love it!

Christelle said...

I'm glad you had fun, I was a little worried you didn't since the kids wouldn't leave you alone. The three of us (Olivia, Henry and I, we leave Tyler at home :)!) stille take a few spontaneous day trips because I don't have a problem pulling them out of school, does that make me a bad mom? I'll let you know next time we're springing out of Lovelock...