Sunday, March 30, 2008

Bowling With The Bishops :)

Bryce and I love bowling but really don't do it too often. We aren't half bad either:)

So last night we decided to get together with the Bishops for some food and fun. First we met at Red Robin for dinner and their YUMMY fries, then we went bowling to see if Kristin was really as good at bowling as she claims she is :), and to end the night we treated ourselves to some ice cream from DQ! We had so much fun hanging out with the Bishops!


We are going to miss them sooooooo much when they move back to Utah in 6 weeks!! We have been hanging out, spending holidays together and helping one another survive Law School for the past 3 years!! I don't know if I'll survive here in Omaha without my very similar OCD friend!!:) We really want to enjoy these last few weeks that we have with them.

We have been able to watch Jaxson grow and change during his first year and Bryce has become quite fond of him. As you can see from the picture Jaxson thinks Bryce is a goof ball!!

Anyway....... back to bowling.
The boys really put on their game faces and tried to out-bowl the girls but they failed. They just couldn't find the strikes and spares that the girls did!:)

Here is Kristin celebrating after bowling one of her many strikes!! She really is as good as she says she is and she proved it last night! One day she'll be on a bowling league wearing pink shoes and carrying her pink bowling ball in a cute pink bag.:)
Here are the winners:
Game 1: Kristin with a score of 154!!
Game 2: Brittany with a score of 144!!
Sorry boys! Better luck next time!:)

11 comments:

Colin said...

We went bowling a couple of weeks ago. It really is so fun!! I would love to go more, but it can kind of get pricey. Thats very impressive that you girls beat the men. Good job!!

-Kelly

Paris said...

looks like fun! Hey, do you two wanna come have homemade cafe rio with Todd, me and the Holm's on Sunday? We would eat in between sessions at Jakes house. I have the pork recipe and Nicole has the chicken, rice and dressing recipe. I hope you'll join us:) It'll delicious!

Sarah Greener said...

How Fun!!! Nice job on the score of 144! I think my highest was like an 80, I am not very good, so good job! The Bishops seem like really nice people and really nice friends, that is sad that they are moving.:(

Nicole said...

I'm so excited you're coming! You're welcome to come whenever you want to, even the night before if you want! I think we pretty much have everything we need, maybe just if you want to bring some drinks, but if not no big deal. Way to go on the bowling! That's an awesome score! I'm always just happy when I break 100!
We'll be in touch.

Sandi said...

Nice score. I think bowling is the only sport I've beat Denim at. I love it:)

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

sounds like lots of fun, Brit!! Sad that your friends are moving...and what a cute little boy they have. Congrats on the awesome score, lol! oh yeah, i also wanna give a shout out to Red Robin fries :) :) :). Way yummy!!!

jackster said...

Wow I'm impressed with you girls. I'm HORRIBLE at bowling so we only ever do it on the Wii where I'm actually good :) So when is Bryce done?! I'll bet you're just as excited as he is, if not more!

Kathryn said...

i seriously love bowling I always tryn and get people to go to moab and go bowling cause it is my favorite! but it looks like you guys had fun!

Chelsea Johnson said...

I do remember that you were a really good bowler--and quite effortless too, if my mind serves me correct! You kind of just walk up there and let go and.....strike almost every time!

Its great to have such good friends, although I think you should just follow them back here! Does that mean you've decided to stay for sure?

Cori Carpenter said...

It's all about beating the boys! That's awesome! We haven't gone bowling since the cruise! It really is a lot of fun! We were sad we didn't get to see everyone for Easter...as you know our plans had changed as well...it happens! I am glad you guys had a good time in Nevada! You'll have to keep us all updated on where you're going!!

Nicole said...

Dessert sounds good too! Just if you want to though, don't feel like you have to. We're looking forward to seeing you guys again. It's been awhile. We'll just plan on seeing you Sunday!