Friday, December 7, 2007

"It Happened to Us"

I am sure that most of you have heard about the shooting in the Van Maur department store in Omaha. "It happened to Us" was the headline of the Omaha World Herald the following day. Omaha is fairly small for a city and most people know someone who knows someone else. Bryce and I were not directly effected by this horrible crime but are indirectly linked to some of the victims of that day. I can also count on one hand the number of people that I know that were at the mall when it happened. This is a very popular department store here in Omaha and Bryce and I have shopped there countless times. I don't want my blog to be a place where you hear sad or negative things but I have not been able to get this event out of my mind for the past 4 days and I know that some of you have been wondering about it. It has put a very somber and solumn mood on this town. It is hard to believe that we can live in Omaha, Nebraska, and have something like this happen! I guess no matter where you go there are good and bad people. I am so so thankful that Bryce and I are safe! I love you all!

4 comments:

Chelsea Johnson said...

I am so glad that you two are safe. I seriously was concerned that you were out doing your Christmas shopping while this happened, so I'm so glad that you're okay. Its crazy how people can get to a point in their lives when they do something like this. I love you and am glad you and Bryce are great!

Cori Carpenter said...

Wow! We're glad you two are okay!! I refuse to watch the news anymore, so I honestly heard nothing of this! Everytime, I do watch the news, it is always about murders, rapes, robbings, shootings...and I usually just end up crying!

Sandi said...

This new is so sad. I remember being shocked when it happened at Trolley Square in Salt Lake. Makes it hard to feel safe anywhere. We're glad to hear you guys are okay.

Melinda said...

I was concerned when you didn't text back but I'm glad you and Bryce are ok. Love you.