Friday, May 7, 2010

I tried......I really did.

Seriously people, I tried SO hard to find something to post about that didn't have anything to do with baby or pregnancy but it's impossible. My life is consumed by this subject and I don't see it ending any time soon.:) So I gave-up trying and gave-in to posting about this subject.....yet again. Sorry.:)
* * *
So I received an e-mail yesterday from a fellow pregnant friend sharing a wonderful Mother's Day discount. Thank You Alecia!!
Check out the SUPER cute nursing bib I ordered for FREE!!

Yea, that's right folks.....FREE!

All I paid was shipping & handling. Happy Mother's Day to me!:)

* * *

Speaking of Mother's Day. . . . . I went ahead and treated myself to a much needed pedicure while in Reno on Wednesday. Oh it felt sooooo good! I was a little nervous about asking Bryce to paint my toenails for me so I spared both of us by paying someone to not only paint my toenails, a pretty purple, but massage & scrub my lower legs and feet for 45 minutes! It was wonderful!!!

* * *

And just for the fun of it I'll throw in a couple updated pregnancy tid-bits.:)

- Only 9 more weeks until I meet my little guy! Wow!

- I officially have an outie.:)

- My baby showers are coming up in the next couple weeks and I'm super excited!

- This belly is getting huge!

-I am now getting the "So, how much longer?", "You're almost done right?", and "Wow, you're getting big." comments. All I have to say is..... Seriously people?! How insensitive can you be?? Pregnant girls DO NOT feel sexy or attractive and they worry everyday about their ever-changing/expanding body so DO NOT ask me if I'm almost done when NO- I am not and I still have 9 more weeks of growing.:) For future reference: If you see a pregnant girl who looks as though she's "Ready to Pop" just kindly ask her "When is your due date?" . . . . . and when she gives you the answer. . . . DO NOT look surprised.:) (Sorry about the ranting.)

*Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers & soon-to-be mothers out there.:)

11 comments:

Stacy Ellison said...

i bet you are SO cute! i use to HATE when people would say are you getting huge. seriously i felt like slapping them. maybe you should slap them and they would stop saying it! :) hooray for a new baby in 9 weeks! (that will be here before you know it!) yeah!

Enoch Elementary said...

Britt you are the cutest pregnant girl EVER!! Seriously, people would ask me if I was having twins and I swear my husband had to drag me away (for some reason he thought I might yell, cry, or punch). It baffles me how insensitive people are - especially the women!

Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy! Good luck to you!

Happy 1st Mother's Day!!

Mikesell Family said...

My sister in law loves her nursing thing. She uses it all the time. Don't worry, my clients would say stuff like that about my belly and I'd be like..you're really gonna offend me BEFORE I do your hair? ha ha.

Maranda said...

I love those nursing bibs! I got 2 for free! I'm sure you look great. You are in the home stretch. That's so exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of your little man!

Sandi said...

I like all your pregnancy posts:) I'm so excited for you! Yeah you've got to love all the insensitive people in the world! Unfortunately it doesn't stop with pregnancy.

Alecia said...

Oh, why would you post about non-baby stuff? :) The baby stuff is the most fun and what we all want to haer about anyway! I'm glad you got a nursing cover - I had a "hooter hider" with Lauren which was basically the same thing, and loved it! Have fun at your upcoming showers!

Jessie said...

Happy Mothers Day momma!

ps. I love hearing about all the pregnancy stuff, and just wait till after you have your baby...then that's all you will post about. At least, that's how it is for me! {and I wouldn't have it any other way}

Oh, and people ask me if I am having twins all the time! No lies.

Elyse said...

Don't you just love outies? ha ha! You are going to love your carseat/stroller. We have the same one! I can't believe you're already so close! It'll be here before you know it!

Unknown said...

he is almost here! Horray! And super awesome find on the free nursing bibs...being a new mom is really one of the best feelings ever!! I am so excited for you little guy to be here!!
Oh and I totally hear you about saying the WRONG thing to pregnant ladies. the worst was when I was prego with Jantsen I had about 3 weeks left and someone from my ward...a friend of mine...said wow your big...I said thanks...and he said well your body hopefully will go back to normal after right? I almost punched him!

Kathryn said...

seriously i saw your mom at the store and she said that she i was invited to your shower here...and i am so excited to see you it will be so much fun! anyway it is true we still love you but we love to hear about the babes!

Paris said...

I have that same nursing bib thing. Its super cute!!