Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A Weekend with Mom & Dad- -

So my wonderful parents made the LONG 12 hour drive to Lovelock this last weekend and I enjoyed every minute of their stay. We did some shopping, baby preparation, relaxing, cooking and played a little Mexican Train. Parents are the best!! I'm not sure what I would do without their love & support.
* * *
My dad brought his truck so that we could pick-up some of the baby furniture in Reno. It was quite the task getting them up the apartment stairs and into the apartment. Very few injuries were sustained thank heavens! The armoire and dresser were in complete form, no assembly required, so you can only imagine how huge and heavy they were.
I love the furniture though, it's beautiful! My dad says it should last through at least 6 kids. My response: Very funny dad! Keep dreamin'!

I saw this closet divider project on my friend Jessie's blog and thought it was super cute so my mom and I worked on some this weekend. I think they turned out really cute! I haven't put them up in the closet yet but I'm excited to see how they'll look.

Obviously my parents have never seen me pregnant before so I caught them staring at my belly a lot throughout the weekend. I kept having to remind them to look at my face when I'm talking.:) They're convinced it grew during the 4 days that they were here and I think they're right! It has really gotten big in the last 2 weeks and what Bryce and I have both realized is that it's not half as big as it's going to get. Yikes!!!

You'll notice in this picture that my mom looks like she getting pushed around by my belly. It happens a lot lately. I keep forgetting that it's there. I pushed Bryce into the closet with it the other day.:) This whole pregnancy thing is so fun right now and I'm enjoying almost every minute of it. Sorry you all have to hear about it all the time but it consumes my life right now.:) Hope you don't mind.

16 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh you look like I do! That makes me feel a whole lot better about myself. I am feeling FAT. I think it might be time to go crazy at a maternity online store. AND what a GREAT idea for organizing the closet! I think this will be a fun new project for me to do as well. :) You are cute. also isn't it only 9 days till New Moon comes out?

Melissa said...

OH just for clarity sake. Just because you look like I do and I feel fat does NOT mean that you are or that I am for that matter fat, but pregnant, and no way to really hide it at this point. :)

Paris said...

You look so cute!! I bet your Mom and Dad will be making that drive a ton when the baby comes!!

Melinda said...

OH my gosh I love your cute belly. You do look more pregnant but still very cute. Lucky girl. :) It was fun getting to talk to you today. I'm so glad you will be a mommy soon. I'm pretty freakin excited! Where are you registered? If you aren't that's ok because I found a way cute gift I want to get for you. :)

Elyse said...

Oh my gosh! Those closet dividers are so cute! Love them! Can't wait to see pictures of your nursery!

Jessie said...

Ummmmm heeeeelllllllloooooo....you look smokin hot! Such a cute prego!!

I love the furniture, and the organizers turned out awesome!!! I like yours more then I like mine. Ha. It always works like that, huh?

I love all the pregnancy posts, so keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

Fun times Britt, thanks for all the good company and food this weekend! Yep, you look like you swallowed a volleyball....
Love ya,
Mom

Adalia said...

Hey Brit! Thats so cool your parents came out! Its always fun to have visitors. Call me if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you got the room cleared out so you could convert it into a nursery. Your mom said she will be back up there in July to see the baby.

Chelsea Johnson said...

How fun to have parents(and grandparents) there! They truly are the best, right? You belly is adorable and not even big. Wait till you really start pushing people around with that thing!

I am loving baby boy's stuff! He is going to be so spoiled and stylish...can't wait!

Kathryn said...

you look so cute! I love the furniture! can't wait to see how cute he is going to be

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

You look so dang cute!! You don't have a chubby face at all. I love the belly. Love the prego posts too :)

Bonnie said...

Oh Brittany-you look so cute!! I love that you pushed Bryce in the closet with your belly...that's classic.

Sandi said...

I love the closet dividers! What a good idea. I lost track of some cute outfits and by the time I found them again my baby was to big:( that should help.

Stacy Ellison said...

so so so much fun! you look too cute! i love it! have you started spilling on your belly yet? that will be next and then you will have big stains on your belly and you won't even know it! because you won't be able to see underneath! oh, they joys of being pregnant! it makes me giddy excited for you! :)

jackster said...

Cute nursery stuff! Its so much fun. This is the first pic that I think you even look pregnant. But you look super cute, I love the little bump!