Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Trimester Recap- -

Some of you have been asking about the pregnancy and since I'm now in my 2nd trimester I thought I'd just do a summary of my 1st trimester. Plus, this will be good for journaling as well.
This might get boring or a little detailed so sorry.:)
* * *
After 2 1/2 years of trying to get pregnant on our own Bryce and I decided to see a fertility specialist. Dr. Whitten put us through just about every fertility test there is and the only thing that was found was that I have poly cystic ovaries but fortunately not the syndrome, which comes with plenty of other side-effects. Anyway- - we ended up doing one cycle of Clomid & progesterone with Dr.Whitten.
- - -
On November 2nd I was sitting in the chair at a salon getting my hair dyed and my phone rang. It was Dr.Whitten's nurse and she had "good news." And of coarse I replied with, "Shut Up!!" I was shocked & surprised. I really was not expecting to be pregnant after just one cycle. I left the salon and was trying to think of a clever way to tell Bryce when I got home, until he called me to see what was going on and I just couldn't hold it in, so I asked Bryce, "Are you ready to be a daddy?" Then we called our parents. . . . we just couldn't hold it in! We had to share the news with someone!!
- - -
I was feeling pretty good and thinking "maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't get morning sickness". Well, that lasted about 10 days! Then the "all day sickness" set in. I repeatedly told Bryce, " I don't know how I'm supposed to 'grow' a baby in my uterus when I can't even eat anything." The "all day sickness" only lasted about 7 weeks and I never once threw-up so I'm still feeling pretty lucky. I still get sick at times but it's only about once a day or so. If I could figure out what was causing it maybe I could control it. . . . I don't know, maybe it just comes with being pregnant.
- - -
I started noticing my "baby bump" much sooner that anyone else. I couldn't sleep on my stomach anymore, my jeans we getting tight and maybe it's all in my head but I swear I can feel my uterus stretching. . . . . . even at only 7 or 8 weeks. So here's proof. . . . . . .:)
* * *
9 Weeks

12 Weeks

- - -
The Shields family is going to have a busy and exciting year.
We've got a baby boy arriving in February, another baby boy arriving in May and a gender unknown arriving in July. Three new babies in one year should make for some fun holidays!

I begged the girls to take this picture with me on New Years. They weren't too thrilled but I told them, "We're never going to all be pregnant at the same time again!" This is Teri's 3rd and last but I guess there's a good chance that Anjela and I will be pregnant again at the same time, who knows. I wasn't going to pass up this opportunity though.:)

Anjela: 35 weeks

Teri: 23 weeks

Me: 13 weeks

* * *

I am now 15 weeks pregnant and in my 2nd trimester. I feel as though I'm getting bigger by the day but I still haven't gained any weight. I'm sure that's going to change soon, Yikes! Oh and I'm already having a hard time sleeping. My OB told me not to sleep on my back anymore which is my favorite sleeping position.:( I just ordered the "Snoogle" total body pillow last night off Amazon. I'm hoping it will help me sleep a little better. I'm not complaining though!:) I have been waiting FOREVER, it seems, to be pregnant so I'm trying to enjoy it and do as little as complaining as possible.

Side Note: I can't wait to find out whether this baby is a boy or a girl.:) So just for fun lets take a poll!

16 comments:

Andy & Alicia said...

I am so excited for you. It's so fun to hear about people's pregnancies. It seems like so many people are having babies right now. You don't look pregnant AT ALL!!!! You just look so cute.

Oh and I'm going to guess that you are having a BOY :)

Melinda said...

Pppphhh you call that a bump. Please! You look awesome. And I feel ya with the all day sickness. Yuck, yuck yuck!!! Ew it just kinda gives me anxiety thinking about that. Anyway I'm glad it's starting to go away. :)I voted boy. Have you done the string test yet, to figure out the gender? You have got to do that one. It's pretty accurate. At least it was with me and everyone I know that has tried it. Well it's been a while since we've chatted on the phone. Call me one of these days when you get some time. I want to see you with this pregnant belly. We should do some baby shopping. :)

Christelle said...

I say girl, because Olivia loves you so much and it would be fun for you to have a girly of your own. Henry loves you too but Olivia idolizes you. We need to get together soon.

Kristin Bishop said...

you're right. You look totally fat. I feel bad for you.

actually I feel bad for your best friend kristin who delivered at a whopping 187 and was the size of a mammoth or whale:)

whatever.

Pregnany looks good on you dear!


Also-I will talk to around week 30 when about not sleeping. It takes on a whole new meaning...and the heartburn...oh the heartburn. I can feel my dinner in my throat right now just thinking about it!

the fun is yet to come my dear...and I am so happy that you'll be experienceing every last miserable symptom!

YYYAYYYY your pregnant. I still get so excited and happy for you!

Adalia said...

You look great! So cute. Have you looked at the Chinese Birth Chart? Its pretty fun to use to guess what gender your having:) Will you deliver at Saints?

Maranda said...

Ahhh...the joys of pregnancy! I'm with Kristin...The worst is yet to come!

Sleeping becomes way more uncomfortable....And just when you fall asleep, you'll be waking up to pee.

Oh, and I just love it when the baby sticks it's feet up under your ribs. Then the lower back pain the last several weeks before you deliver. Then the actual delivery!

The things we have to endure. It's all so worth it! I'm so excited for you. You really should just embrace the whole experience.

The Bradshaws said...

AHHHHHHH!!! How exciting! I haven't checked blogs forever and I was soooo excited to read your good news, congrats you two! You'll be great parents, life is about to change forever, but it's such a great change, I'm happy for you, I'll have to check your blog more often for all the pregnancy updates.

Anonymous said...

You absolutely know how I voted. Bryce is going to just chuckle in February though when we finally find out it's a boy...and he can say "I told you so."
Mom

Jessie said...

First and foremost, you look great! You don't even look pregnant at all, but if your anything like me, one morning you will just wake up and HELLO BABY BUMP...WHAM YOU LOOK PREGNANT!

I love to hear all the details! How awesome that you got pregnant on the 1st cycle of Clomid!

I can't wait to see what you guys are having! I am going to guess a girl!

Alecia said...

I'm guessing girl!!! Also - you look awesome!!! When you said you were developing a baby bump already, it made me feel better about my own big belly........until I saw your pics and realized you look WAY cuter than I do, and I'm a week behind you! Congrats again!

Sandi said...

You look so cute with your tiny baby bump! I vote girl, but I'm not sure why. It could easily be a boy:) Can't wait to know!

Crystal & Aaron Shumway said...

I vote a boy, Everyone needs a little boy! You look Amazing!!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

I had no idea you were prego til I read your blog! I really suck at blogging lately. I feel like I have no idea what is going on with anyone anymore! Anyway, sounds like we are like 2-3 weeks apart!! That is freakin awesome. And ummm hello...what are you talking about your bump???? I sure don't see one! When do you find out what you're having? I find out in 3 weeks. Can't wait! When is your due date?? I just love being prego with friends. It's so much fun!!! Well enjoy, the 2nd trimester is the best, cuz you're not sick anymore (hopefully) and not so big and miserable as you will be in the 3rd trimester. Congrats!!!

Paris said...

I love the pictures! You have to keep them coming. Even when you are 40 weeks and feel huge you have to still post them because we all think they are cute:)

Bonnie said...

You look great! That feeling of always being sick is so horrible...but it's all worth it in the end, right? :) I am thinking you are going to have a girl! I can just see your little girl..always dressed to the nines and so cute. Boy or girl, it will all be so fun and exciting!

jackster said...

I cant believe how tiny you are! I keep thinking I cant get any bigger by somehow I do. My vote is that its a girl!