If you love the Twilight Series as much as I do you've probably been ignoring your housework, kids, husband, need for sleep & food and anything else that's typically important to you for the last week so you can read & finish the "highly anticipated" 4th book in the series "Breaking Dawn". I will admit that I tried to drag the book out about 5 days because I wasn't ready for it to be OVER! But now that I've finished it I'm dying to hear what everyone thought of it! * * *
I was really surprised that the wedding took place within the 1st few chapters but I am an Edward fan so I was happy about it! The honeymoon chapters were some of my favorite because we can all admit that we've been waiting 3 books for Bella & Edward to finally do it.:) I was completely shocked when I read that Bella was pregnant with a freakish vampire baby that was growing at an insanely fast rate and to be honest, it kinda freaked me out! By that point in the book I was a little upset and wondered why in the world Stephenie Meyer took the story that way. Book 2/Jacob's book was hilarious!! I laughed at every chapter heading and it was kinda fun to read the story from his perspective. And once again the story completely shocked me when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee. That was a little weird and I was NOT expecting that but I accepted it a little more by the end of the book. I was also really surprised that Bella was changed into a vampire so early on but was excited she was! It was really cool to be able to hear from her how she describes being a vampire (i.e. the sounds, smells, sight) and I was so happy that her feelings for Edward were even more intense!! Renesmee was a fun addition once I didn't think of her as an evil little vampire baby.:) I'm glad that Stephenie introduced so many new vampires and their cool talents and I was surprised again by Bella's shield-- yet another thing I wasn't expecting! I could go on and on about the book but I won't......so I will just sum it up by saying that I was pleased with the way it ended and that it actually gave us a little closure. It was so much more than I thought it was going to be! I really really loved the book and would say that it's my 2nd favorite of the series (behind Twilight of course)! I'm really sad that it's over but I'll be looking forward to the movie(s) and reading more books from Stephenie Meyer because I think she's an amazing author!

10 comments:
you are funny! I don't think it is all over is it really? I want to hear more of the story. I was a little mad there wasn't a big fight at the end. I think Stephanie said that it was the last we would hear from Bella's perspective... I want to hear Renesmee. I bet she would be interesting. I did love it though.
okay Brit, I just finished the book on Friday and LOVED it. I think I even dare say that it was my favorite one! The Honeymoon was AWESOME! I'm so glad they got to do it while she was human(can i say that? :)) I was like you, super freaked out about the evil baby and I decided that if the baby was going to be born all wicked then i was going to hate the book. I ended up loving Renesmee and I also liked that Jacob imprinted on her, although i was suprised. Alice rocks!!! The last two chapters with Bella's sheils were way fun to read. I knew she'd have awesome powers as a vampire!
oh, and how about that Bella wasn't a crazed newborn?? I thought that was good because I was also not going to be down with the book if she killed her fam and friends :)!
yea! I am soo glad that you finished it! I Absolutely did love the book too! I was really surprised by some things and a little disappointed that there wasnt a huge fight scene(but then later glad there wasnt because someone(s) would probably have to die). But all in all I really did love it, and especially loved how it ended!! Yea!! Bella and Edward forever! (oh i know i was a little depressed too that the books are offically over!)
You know I have only read the first book but maybe I should keep on reading.
What awesome books! I still can't get over that Bella turned into a vampire. For some reason I never thought she would. Can't wait for the movie to come out!
Couldn't agree more with our review. Guess what? Movie release date was moved up to 11-21-08, heard it on the radio yesterday. Sweet! No news for me, still just chillin' in ole' Omaha. Hope you are Bryce are doing well.
I am reading it right now...it is hard with kids to get in time to read it so I am going kind of slow..but lovin' every minute of it!! I am in Jacob right now. Can't wait to see what happens.
So I have FINALLY started the first one!! I actually thought how excited you would be that some one else has jumped on board with the series! I will let you know how I like it when I am done!
I also loved the book. I was so sad when it ended. I'm thinking about reading it again. I also loved the honeymoon chapters. To bad she didn't give us more details ;)
Post a Comment