After being couped up in the house for a week while I was in Nevada grandma & grandpa were more than ready to get out when I got back on Thursday. The weather has been really nice in Blanding so we decided to take a drive up the mountain. We packed a picnic and off we went!
We found some picnic tables at Nizhoni camp ground and completely enjoyed our chicken, potato salad, chips & salsa and of coarse grandma's favorite- -donuts!:)
Above all else the company was great!! I really enjoy being able to hang out with my grandparents and I can't believe that I'm getting paid to do it!:)
* * *
My mom planned a Father's Day BBQ for my grandpa so we all got together on Saturday to visit and eat some yummy food!
I will admit- -my dad makes some mean dutch oven potatoes!! They turned out great and I'm pretty sure we all gained a few pounds that day!

These are the things I missed while I was living in Nebraska! Little family get togethers like this are priceless! My only wish would be that my husband could be here with me! My parents are amazing and wonderful people! I really, really love being able to spend this time with them!

All of the kids pitched in for Father's Day to get my grandpa this cabana for the back porch so that he can enjoy being outside with out baking his poor bald head.:) Three of the four living children of my grandparents (my dad, Vicki, and Jeff) were there and it's been a while since we've been able to get together and visit. We had a great afternoon but I think we wore poor grandpa out because he slept almost all day the next day!:( I'm not even kidding. He woke up to eat breakfast and lunch and that's it. So we have to remember that though he's starting to feel better, he still doesn't have the energy or strength that he used to. I'm sure he'll be ready for more picnics and BBQs next week!:)
These are the things I missed while I was living in Nebraska! Little family get togethers like this are priceless! My only wish would be that my husband could be here with me! My parents are amazing and wonderful people! I really, really love being able to spend this time with them!
All of the kids pitched in for Father's Day to get my grandpa this cabana for the back porch so that he can enjoy being outside with out baking his poor bald head.:) Three of the four living children of my grandparents (my dad, Vicki, and Jeff) were there and it's been a while since we've been able to get together and visit. We had a great afternoon but I think we wore poor grandpa out because he slept almost all day the next day!:( I'm not even kidding. He woke up to eat breakfast and lunch and that's it. So we have to remember that though he's starting to feel better, he still doesn't have the energy or strength that he used to. I'm sure he'll be ready for more picnics and BBQs next week!:)

15 comments:
Love all the pictures. You are very lucky to get to spend time with your parents and grandparents! Have fun in Blanding for us!
Aren't families the best? I feel like we miss out on a lot being down here, and I totally hate it. Simple things like going for a drive and hanging out are completely out of the question. I guess we just have to look ahead to brighter days when it will be different. Glad you're grandpa is feeling well! What a good little nursie you are!
It looks like you are having so much fun in Blanding. I love that you like it there and appreciate how much fun it was to grow up there. Blanding is the best!!
Hey! I want a cabana like that! How nice! I can't believe how much you and your mom look alike.
VISTA is like this government volunteer work program thing I think and that summer there were like 3 or 4 people from that group living in Blanding, just working for the city and Scott was one of them. He helped with stuff at the pool so that's how I met him. It was pretty random, but he was cool. Before we ever met him, we'd just see him every now and then at the pool and we didn't know his name so Cheyna and I just called him the VISTA guy.
How fun Brittney! It sounds like you are definitely getting in some quality time while you're here. I agree that Blanding is an amazing place. I am so excited to raise my kids here, but there are definitely conveniences that we miss out on!
sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun together! I love that you're so great about taking your grandparents out, i bet they just love that you're here!! Blanding really is a pretty place and i love that everything is so close. a good picnic is just a few miles away! :)
Thats so cool Brittany! I'll bet its such a nice change to go from never seeing your family to getting to spend so much time with them! But I'm sure its so hard not having Bryce there. By the way I was going to ask, is Bryce working full time and studying? I'm only working part time and I seriously am already freaking out about failing. I'm just wondering when he has the time...?
How fun...I definetely appreciate Utah a lot more now that I live in Omaha. I miss the mountains. How is your summer going without being with your man all the time? I'm sure it's so nice to be with family though.
I love and totally miss being close to mountains for picnics and camping. You look great and it looks like you are having a fun time with your grandparents. Heck that is the best job, getting paid for being with them.
About the comment you made on my blog....Yes the butterflies would land on people. I got a picture of one on Joel. They tell you not to touch them or try to swat them away if they do:) Anyway, I didn't get a new camera, although I would love to get a really nice one.
Brittany, you have NO idea how jealous I am that you got to go on a picnic!!! My last day there before you came back, we were so planning on a picnic and driving up the mountain a little ways... till it turned out COLD and very windy! Hate the wind :( I feel pretty priveleged to have the opprotunity to spend time with your grandparents also... wonderful people, gotta luv 'em!
Linnae
Lifeguarding was a way fun job, huh? If only life was that laid back now. lol. yeah I can get aquage, let me know what you want and i'll order it in. i'd love to color your hair, just call about 3 weeks before cuz i'm booked kinda far out :)
who didn't date jon, lol!!
How much fun are you having!? wow Utah is SO AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL! I want you to know that I just pre ordered Breaking Dawn beacause I saw it on your blog. way to go!
yea I made shawn read the post because he was all sad that I didn't write his one of my little love notes that I usually do...are you and bryce going to be here during the 4th? cause you have been in blanding for a while now and I haven't even seen you....you should come running with me now that sandi moved away!
Post a Comment