Thursday, June 12, 2008

My hardworking career man.....and Jack :)

So I had a wonderful weekend in Nevada with my husband!! It was so good to see him! Three weeks is a long time away from your husband!! We seriously just tried to enjoy every minute together. I think it's true.....absence does make the heart grow fonder!:)
I missed a very important occasion (in my opinion) while I was 700+ miles away from my husband and I'm a little upset about it! Guys just don't understand that kinda stuff! My husband was "sworn in" as Assistant/Deputy District Attorney and there was no one there to hear it or take pictures besides his boss and the judge! I don't know if I'll get over missing that any time soon! So anyway- -it's official......he's a career man!:) And if you don't believe me just look at the sign below!!:)
Isn't that cool?? Well, I think it is anyway!! So official looking! But wait.....it gets better! He has a badge too!! I never knew that he would be getting a badge so when he showed it to me I thought it was so funny and cool! What a stud!! You'll have to just take my word for it cause he wouldn't let me post any of the pictures I got of him because he felt stupid.:) I went to his office the day before I left and made him pose for all these pictures and he was a little annoyed. Love ya Bryce!:) There's nothing wrong with a wife being proud of her husband, right??

Well, I was also happy to know that Jack didn't forget about me while I've been away! He definitely didn't and snuggled right up over my shoulder quite often while I was home. I felt bad leaving him again!


This is his favorite little place to perch! What a cutie! I can't believe how attached you get to your pets! I love this little guy!:)


11 comments:

Melinda said...

That's awesome that Bryce gets a badge. He IS so official! I can just picture him, like in the movies where the district attorney whips out their badge to prove who they are...or is that detectives. Dang. I was really hoping he would get to do that someday during some investigation or on a crime scene or something. Wrong official, I was way off!!! But he is totally cool still. You better tell him I said so and that I'm very proud of him. I'm also so happy that you got so spend a little time with again. You are so much stronger than me. I would never want to leave again. Since I know how strong you can be with leaving your husband and all you can totally come out and spend some quality girl time with me. YES! Ok I'm done with my novel. Seriously....look at how long this comment is. I should have just called you already!!!

Andy & Alicia said...

YAY!! I'm so happy that you finally got to go and see your boys! Bryce is so official now, that's awesome! He shouldn't be embarrassed to have a picture of him and his badge on here, I think it's cool!

Noelle said...

Yay. I'm so glad you finally got to see them. I hate being away from my boys more than anything. Oh, and the badge is sweet! Way official!

Melissa said...

Way to go! you are so official bryce! I wish I lived in Nevada so I could call on some "favors" aka get out of speeding tickets.

Chelsea Johnson said...

Awesome, Bryce! I'm so glad you got to see them. Maybe I need to spend some time away from my husband to make my heart grow fonder.....ha ha ha! When did he take the BAR? Hope everything is going great!

jackster said...

Man I need a new job that comes with a badge! Thats cool that he already got sworn in for that! I'll bet that was great to finally get to see him!

Cheyn said...

You already have to leave him again? Does he get to go to Blanding for the 4th? Well you look really cute with jack

Elyse said...

I never knew that cats could perch on your shoulder. That cracked me up! Darn-I wish Bryce would let you post a pic of him with his badge on. That is so official. What a good wife to make that long drive! Glad you had a good time!

Cambria, Ryan, Taeg, Tripp and Brigg said...

I'm glad you had such a great time with the boys, Brittany! Now you can look forward to the next reunion. it's always nice to have something to look forward to. It looks like Jack missed you just as much as you missed him!!

Sarah Greener said...

Oh I am so glad that you got to see your hubby! That it awesome that he is now offically Deputy District Attorney Bryce! Way to go! haha I especially like the badge, that is awesome! I bet he feels pretty cool carrying it around!:) I would.

Sandi said...

So I take it you like David Cook...:) Denim left Sunday afternoon to Cedar and we head out in a few days if everything works out right. Sorry we couldn't come by. If all else fails, will you be around for the 4th?