Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's GO TIME!

Ok, it's not quite go time but we're getting close.:)
* * *
I finished my last shift at work last week and it's a good thing because these cankles couldn't do another 12 hour shift on cement floors. Seriously!
And this is what Bryce surprised me with!! What a sweet guy huh?
I love surprises. . . .and flowers. . . . and my husband!
"Congratulations on your last night at work!"
* * *
Chances are that this will be the last "baby bump" picture. I realize I look very tired and that's because I AM. No matter how much sleep I get I'm almost always tired. It's a lot of work carrying around this bump.:)
36 Weeks
I had my 36 week check last Thursday and I'm 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced!! Wahoo! I'm not going to get too excited because I realize I could go weeks like this but at least we're making progress.:) Actually, after leaving my OB office I started to panic a little because I thought "Holy Crap! This baby could come any time now! I don't know if I'm ready!"
I feel ready to be a mother and take care of my baby boy but what I'm not ready for is LABOR. I'm nervous as heck! It's fear of the unknown ya know. I just don't know what to expect and I don't like that feeling.
I guess I'm as prepared as I can be:
- Pre-registered at the hospital. . . check
- Sheets, blankets & baby clothes washed. . . . check
- Hospital bags for me & baby packed. . . . check
- Car seat base installed. . . . check
- Husband on standby. . . check
*My mom will be here June 23rd unless I call her sooner yelling, "It's GO TIME!":)
* * *
And just for the heck of it, I threw this picture in.
Jack has no idea how much his quiet, uninterrupted life is about to change.:)
Oh wait. . . . neither do I.

13 comments:

Maranda said...

You look great Brittany. That's so exciting! I can't believe you're already dialated that much. I'm sure you're labor will be a breeze. Oh, I can't wait. Believe me your world is about to be ROCKED....I love it!

Sandi said...

You look so good! Sounds like you're ready! Can't wait to see some post labor pics!

Jessie said...

You look so good Britt! All belly!!!

I am so excited for you! You are going to love being a mom!

Oh, and not to freak you out about going into labor anytime soon, but I wasn't even dilated to a 2 the day before I had Crew, so my guess is you have this baby before your due date. But freak, what do I know, I'm no doctor...ha!

Alecia said...

Wow, that's awesome! And by awesome, I mean, all of it. The flowers, the labor progress, the approaching due date, the cuteness of your belly. Which, I have to point out that your "cankles" must not be too bad, b/c you still have cute shoes on! (Yes, I notice that kind of stuff now b/c I can't wear anything except flip flops.)

Nicole & Trent said...

Let me jion in the chorus and say, You do look so cute. Pregnant looks good on you. I love looking at your blog and seeing your belly grow. Good luck with what comes next!!!! I hope it all goes well.

Stacy Ellison said...

AH! so close! i'm so sad that i have missed all of this! too bad you weren't still in omaha... okay enough about me! can't wait to meet the little guy! and you do look great. poor jack the cat, doesn't know what is coming... i think you will adjust easier than jack! :) good luck!

jackster said...

You look great, such a cute belly! I saw on FB about your false alarm -- that has got to be so nervewrecking. But it will be all over and he'll be here before you know it!

JOE BURNS said...

I was looking through some comments from when our baby girl was born (one was from you) and realized you guys were almost there. Congrats not long now!

Ham, Dan and Kaylie said...

You're so lucky to be done with work! It's been so hard the past few weeks for me at work! I am scheduled up until the 19th of July, but hopefully my dr will be starting me on the 19th, so we'll see.
You don't even look that far along...you look great! You'll be fine in labor, just get your epidural stat and all will be well :)

Unknown said...

you are going to LOVE it!! I am so excited for you guys!! being in the hospital after I had the baby was by far my favorite part of the whole pregnancy ordeal! I will be checking your blog for any updates! Can't wait!

Melinda said...

You're so cute! Congrats on your last day of work. You can get a little more rest now. Relish it... because you won't be getting any sleep soon. :) I'm so excited your boy is almost here. YAY!

Chelsea Johnson said...

Seriously, I cannot wait for this baby! You look great and not-tired at all! Keep me informed....

Paris said...

It's almost time! YAY!!! You can make it!!